Off the wagon (or is it on ?)

boomdiggy02
boomdiggy02 Posts: 9
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Hey everyone,
This past week has been super crazy: my father-in-law had open heart surgery out of town and my wife and I had to care for him (she's an only child), I started an online cohort for 2 grad classes that I'm taking, and I've had off work for 3 days because of the snow. Needless to say, I've fallen off the MFP wagon (or is it I'm back on the wagon, I'm not sure :). I'm looking at the weekend being so close and thinking that it's not worth it to workout tomorrow or track my goals today, but I know that's not how I should think about this. I just need some encouragement.
Thanks, all!
-ryan

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Just because you have a couple "off" days doesn't mean you should just keep going along with it. You need to stop it in its tracks before you slide right back into old habits. So even if you don't feel like it, at least exercise today. You might be surprised at how much better you feel. :)
  • Jon_boy
    Jon_boy Posts: 1 Member
    If it's not worth it to you, Then it wouldn't be so tough. You hang in there, Things are bound to get better.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Sounds like you have been run over by the wagon...time to brush off the track marks and get walkin'

Have a better day!
  • Hi Ryan

Off / On it does not matter. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. No time like the present. Don't put off today for a start tomorrow.

Good luck and I hope your father-in-law is on the mend.
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    A workout is never wasted. You gotta start somewhere...just jump back on. It's all good. It is what it is, move forward :-)
  • dbosh
    dbosh Posts: 40 Member
    Time for a u-turn
  • I am with you - I have been off the wagon since Friday but I am jumping back on too - here we go!!
This discussion has been closed.