Extra calorie from exercise

kryan2929
kryan2929 Posts: 3
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Is it better to not eat the extra calories you get from exercise to lose weight faster? Or does your body need the extra calories after exercise?

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Common question. Look up past threads. It can be a pretty heated topic. My advice- if you are hungry, eat the calories, especially if you are doing strength training. Even if you eat the calories, MFP still has you set up with a calorie deficit so you will still lose weight. On your page, click the GOALS tab and it breaks it down for you. It's important to give your body the fuel it needs. It can't just be able being skinny, it's about being healthy :)
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Some people say you should. I personally never do. Somedays I burn 1500 calories from exercise, if I ate 1200 plus that 1500 I wouldnt be able to get through the door. I guess some people may be different but when I tried eating mine. My weight stayed the same and I dont wont that so I dont eat mine. If I go over my 1200 by 50 or so that is one thing but to eat them all NOT ME
  • I just asked this not too long ago. If you are counting your calories on here then you need to eat back those calories. Basically you exercise on here is for muscle strength and toning. MFP already calculates how much your body burns in a day just by doing regular activities. Then it subtracts 500 calories if you are trying for 1 lb a week or 1,000 calories if you are going for 2 lbs a week. So it already subtracts the amount of calories that would be needed to burn those lbs. Anything under that could stunt your weight loss. When you work out you add to the amount of calories your body has burned in a regular day therefore you must eat a little more to stay at either negative 500 or negative 1000 that MFP has calculated. Do you see what I'm saying? The most important thing is to try and stay over 1200 calories NET! :)
  • Thanks so much for the feedback ladies! Very helpful!
This discussion has been closed.