Question about my husband's daily calories

Options
Hello! I had opened an account for my husband today because he asked me to. I was wondering why is his calorie intake is so much higher compared to mine? I know guys lose weight differently than females, but I don't know the reasons why.

Thank you in advance.

Replies

• shaggyamy
    Options
    It could be the type of work you do vs. the type of work he does.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    A lot of factors determine the calorie allotment. Height & weight (those are typically higher for men than women), amount of weight to lose (again, often men have more weight to lose), general daily activity (does he have an active job?) and finally, men just burn calories faster than women (something to do with testosterone and metabolism).
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Age, gender, weight, height, activity level all play a role in calories burned.
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yep. I agree that it is a 'guy thing'. They just tend to burn it faster. I would love to know all the science behind it if anyone finds it out. Congrats again for him jumping on the band wagon. So much easier when everyone is watching what they eat in a household.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Yep. I agree that it is a 'guy thing'. They just tend to burn it faster. I would love to know all the science behind it if anyone finds it out. Congrats again for him jumping on the band wagon. So much easier when everyone is watching what they eat in a household.

Men have higher levels of testosterone and more muscle mass.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options

Definitely. Looks like we'll be shopping healthy for the whole house. I am proud of him for doing this with me. Our 10 year wedding anniversary is in 2 1/2 years and I want us smoking hott! Lol!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for clearing this up for me.