Becoming a Personal Trainer HELP :)

Nikkerz620
Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
How do I go about becoming a personal trainer?

I live near Milwaukee WI and I can't find any schools that have a degree or programs. I found some online certifications but is that all you need?

I would think you would have to learn some things in person so that you know correct forms etc.

I'm also looking for some Nutritional Courses etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm done with the I.T. world of sitting in front of a computer all day and would like a more active job.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    i actually wonder the same thing..i think real college is our best option..try distance learning at a college.
  • Some of the distance learnings aren't that good, and aren't considered reputable companies. There are in-person training programs and several certifications, but we need to know what country you are in to recommend anything. If you are really lucky you can find a job at a gym where they will pay for your training. Those jobs are few and far between, but they are out there.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    there are so many mail in certifications out there. Mind you with just a simple certification you won't be able to charge as much (most people I know that have certifications still must work a full time job and train on the side because it's not enough money-also most gyms won't hire you with just a certification-)They usually want you to have a degree either bachelors or a masters degree in Sports Medicine or Kinesiology
This discussion has been closed.