What are your best tips for weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What food do you avoid, how many times a week do you work out, what food do you eat the most...etc. How much have you lost!? Give me some ideas and inspiration!
    I currently am doing WW and not finding a whole lot of success. Since Sept I've only lost 9. I run 3-5 days a week, about 3 miles. Tell me your story!

I did WW as well, and although I did lose 10 lbs, I didn't have any success after that first 10. The problem, in my opinion, with WW's is that they don't teach you how to eat. They say you can eat anything just don't go over your points, I was finding myself saving points so I could eat ice cream and then feeling dizzy and tired all day. Since joining MFP, I have learned so much about "how" to eat healthy and exercise to change my life, forever...
  • droppin_lbs
    droppin_lbs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Really know how many calories your eating - measure and/or weigh your good until you get used to what a portion looks like.

Best of luck to all!
  • srhatten
    Options
    Wow! Such great tips! Thank you everyone!! Feel free to add me btw :)

BRING ON 2011!!!!!!!
  • bexyhoney
    Options
    Well I just started my own weight loss journey but I think it would be valid to suggest that you look at a plant based diet. I myself have been reading information on weight loss and weight maintenance for years...it has been years...wow....but I digress..anyways the information I have found and the pictures of people who follow this type of diet are right where I want to be. I can suggest The RAVE Diet and Lifestyle book by Mike Anderson and Diet for a New America by John Robbins. Even if you choose a different path there is a ton of information in these books about nutrition and your typical American diet. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you meet your goals!
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What food do you avoid?
    Heavily processed foods.
    I'm a vegetarian so I guess meat, lol.

I workout out 3-6 times a week.
    I run. I run between 10 miles and 30 miles a week.
    I also do strength training three times a week for half an hour.

I eat a TON of veggies. I also eat tofu, fruits, and beans.

Since mid February of last year I have lost 77lbs :)
  • MrsJayeJ
    MrsJayeJ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking this question!! I'm on Day 1, but I love being surrounded by all of the positive energy here!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!