ANyone know of any GOOD wii workout games?

Options
I have wii fit, and I'm not a fan. It doesn't challenge me. I've heard of the EA Sports game, the new Biggest Loser game... etc.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for that? With or without the board. Thanks!

Replies

• promiseskept
    Options
    I have heard the boxing is a workout and a half!
  • LChabot86
    LChabot86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    zumba is great!
  • jesstroxel
    Options
    The Biggest Loser Challenge is a good one.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I just got EA Sports Active 2 on Sunday, and I've used it every day this week. I really like it. You can follow the programs (30-day cardio kick start or 90 day... um... I forget what that one's called), and/or you can do just a regular workout that you can set up or have the game generate for you. If you generate a workout, you can choose the length, so if you only have 15 minutes, you can do a short one, or longer if you want. It has different levels, so like for me I'm doing the "easy" workouts right now because I'm not in shape -- but they're certainly not slug workouts, even on easy mode. :laugh: Definitely a challenge, and you can increase the intensity as you get more fit. You can use the balance board if you like, but you don't have to.

I do like the Fit Plus, but I think I like Active 2 even better. It's just a different kind of workout. I highly recommend it.
  • cnorris9623
    Options
    Wii Zumba! Just bought it and I was sweating soo much. I am alternating it with wii fit on somedays and running every other day! I highly recommend it though. Hope it helps! P.S. It's only 39.95 @ walmart!
  • LMP2012
    Options
    Just Dance 2 is a riot, and a workout.
  • korirogers
    Options
    I like Wii Resort and Wii Sports..but have heard that Just Dance 2 is fun and you get a good work out while havng fun. I haven't tried it yet, but plan on getting it.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have wii fit and wii fit plus, and I am also not a fan. It's to disjointed. But I have also tried quite a few others. My favourite is EA sports active (the first one) and the follow up called 'EA sprts active more workouts'. They have complete workouts with lots of variety. I also like My fitness coach cardio (boxing based) and I recently bought the my fitness coach dance workouts which is also good. These are all reasonably priced and you can use the balance board or not (I don't bother). I haven't tried the EA sorts active 2 which comes with a HRM and is therfore considerably more expensive.

Hope this helps
    Wendy
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have wii fit and wii fit plus, and I am also not a fan. It's to disjointed. But I have also tried quite a few others. My favourite is EA sports active (the first one) and the follow up called 'EA sprts active more workouts'. They have complete workouts with lots of variety. I also like My fitness coach cardio (boxing based) and I recently bought the my fitness coach dance workouts which is also good. These are all reasonably priced and you can use the balance board or not (I don't bother). I haven't tried the EA sorts active 2 which comes with a HRM and is therfore considerably more expensive.

Hope this helps
    Wendy
  • harmonykay
    Options
    I have just dance 2. It is alot of fun and before you know it you are sweating.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Active (first one), and it could be challenging depending on if you chose easy, medium, or hard. I also have Just Dance 2 which is fun and doesn't feel like your working out. Wii also came out with Zumba but I don't have it, but a lot of people like it. I also have one of the biggest loser games, and that reminds me that I need to do it! Hope that helps :)
  • MrsMartin2
    MrsMartin2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I agree, zumba and just dance 2. I do the just dance 2 for an hour and a half and then do the 30 day shred dvd. Great work out combo and it feels like I worked out for 30 min.!
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have been using EA Sports Active 2 for a month now and I LOVE IT. A lot of flexibility so you won't get bored. I customized a step style workout that I do most days but love the fact I can easily choose a different workout if I need a change.

Between working out and portion control dieting I have lost 7 pounds this year so far!
  • megpalmer
    Options
    Wii workout is basically all I do. I have the Jenny McCarthy Shape Up. I LOVE IT!! I also do Wii fit, and EA Active. I am getting the Just Dance 2 in the next few days. I can't wait to get Zumba!!! I LOVE MY Wii!!!!
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have the EA Active 2. I love, love, love it. I have it set at the hardest level because I can't workout without being chalenged. The workouts are great and you burn way more than it tells you you are burning. I know this because in addition to the heart monitor you where to do the workout I wear my own heart monitor with the chest strap.
  • justahorsen
    Options
    I have wii Active and just completed the beginner 30 challenge and started beginner again as I'm old and fat...and WAY out of shape. I know that I'm getting more fit because shoveling snow yesterday was easier for me than last year.:smile:
    But, the most important thing is that I actually DO it and KEEP at it.....I have videos but they bore me after about a week.....so I usually quit doing them.....this I have fun with.....and you can yell at the trainer and she doesn't yell back.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I consider myself to be fit and I only occasionally play my Wii but I got the old version of the biggest loser game and yesterday I did the lower body workout, highest intensity for 48 minutes and burned almost 700 calories! that is pretty much equal to what I burn in a 45 minute kickbox or spinning class! I was so shocked! I was reallly feeling the burn! :)
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for games too. Right now we only have the Wii Sports game (that comes with the system) so I do tennis and boxing on that. But, I know if I get a game that is too intense and difficult, that I won't do it. I need something that challenges me, but not to the point that I hate doing it.
  • VBigaouette
    VBigaouette Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your Shape by Jenny McCarthy is a lot of fun and always a great workout!!
  • GamecockFan14
    GamecockFan14 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think i"ll chekc out the zumba and BL.