Any night owls out there?

Options
Ok, I know that it is pretty late (11:45), but I've had a pretty bad day and can't sleep. We buried my great grandma today, so I was already bummed. Plus, my kids are only 2 and 4, and I have some pretty arrogant relatives, so I was getting evil looks during the entire service because my children couldn't sit still during the hour long "hell, fire and brimstone" service. After that, being over an hour away from home and forgetting to pack snacks, we stopped at Hardees, the only thing in this small town, to eat. When we finally got home, I was so tired that I laid down with the kids to nap. Didn't wake up until almost 7. Then at 8:30 the hubby calls to say he's almost home, "what's for dinner?" At this point, I gave in to all my weaknesses and said-- Mexican. I went out at 9 and ate mexican food! Not only that, I ate rice, beans, a burrito, taco and all the chips and salsa I wanted. I really think I could cry. :cry: Since I'm not sleepy after having a nap today, I thought I'd go for a midnight run. (Late night with the cool breeze usually helps clear my head) But, get this, it started raining while I was logging my calories. So, not only did I eat 1600 calories over normal, but my preferred method of exercise isn't an option. :sad:

Replies

• christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know that it is pretty late (11:45), but I've had a pretty bad day and can't sleep. We buried my great grandma today, so I was already bummed. Plus, my kids are only 2 and 4, and I have some pretty arrogant relatives, so I was getting evil looks during the entire service because my children couldn't sit still during the hour long "hell, fire and brimstone" service. After that, being over an hour away from home and forgetting to pack snacks, we stopped at Hardees, the only thing in this small town, to eat. When we finally got home, I was so tired that I laid down with the kids to nap. Didn't wake up until almost 7. Then at 8:30 the hubby calls to say he's almost home, "what's for dinner?" At this point, I gave in to all my weaknesses and said-- Mexican. I went out at 9 and ate mexican food! Not only that, I ate rice, beans, a burrito, taco and all the chips and salsa I wanted. I really think I could cry. :cry: Since I'm not sleepy after having a nap today, I thought I'd go for a midnight run. (Late night with the cool breeze usually helps clear my head) But, get this, it started raining while I was logging my calories. So, not only did I eat 1600 calories over normal, but my preferred method of exercise isn't an option. :sad:
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Sorry for your loss and that you ghad such a bad day. Things liek that happen. Murphy's law. Sometimes it seems as if anything that can go wrong will go wrong. On day's like this I try to hide at home, pull up the covers and read.
    There are day's where you can not be strong enough all the time.
    Don't sweat it, start again tomorrow and don't blame yourself.

Hope by now (1:30 am ) you are sleeping and have sweet dreams.
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    With a stressfull day like that no one can blame you for going over. In fact, I'm pretty inpressed by the fact that you only went 1600 calories over...if it were me I would've gone more like 3600 over! :tongue: I'm so sorry to hear for you loss, and sometimes that comfort food is, well, comforting! Just realize that one horrible day isn't the death of your diet!

:flowerforyou:
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    With a stressfull day like that no one can blame you for going over. In fact, I'm pretty inpressed by the fact that you only went 1600 calories over...if it were me I would've gone more like 3600 over! :tongue: I'm so sorry to hear for you loss, and sometimes that comfort food is, well, comforting! Just realize that one horrible day isn't the death of your diet!

:flowerforyou:
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Night owl here.... it's 1am here in the Lone Star State.

First of all my condolences :flowerforyou:

Second, don't beat yourself up over it... you made the effort and tried to exercise right? Feel good about that... you can't help the weather!

Just get back on the wagon tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • stschulz
    Options
    I'm pretty sure teenage student nurses should not stay up that late!:wink:
  • christina31
    Options
    Thanks so much for the support. I was never able to run like I wanted, but I decided that I would make the best of it so I laid in the floor doing crunches and catching up on "The Big Break." I feel 10x better today and, guess what--No Rain TODAY!!! :happy:
  • christina31
    Options
    Sorry for your loss and that you ghad such a bad day. Things liek that happen. Murphy's law. Sometimes it seems as if anything that can go wrong will go wrong. On day's like this I try to hide at home, pull up the covers and read.
    There are day's where you can not be strong enough all the time.
    Don't sweat it, start again tomorrow and don't blame yourself.

Hope by now (1:30 am ) you are sleeping and have sweet dreams.

I actually didn't get to sleep until almost 4:30, but I did have sweet dreams. I dreamt I stopped being lazy and had a yard sale so that I could regain control of my garage to turn it into an exercise room! Looks like that's what is on the list for this week...cobwebs beware!
  • stschulz
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea!
    That way you can exercise when ever you want to and have the kids near you too.