stress response

jaimelynn01
jaimelynn01 Posts: 62
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Today I am stressed. I wanted to go work out early this morning than go later tonight to have a great day of burning tons of calories, but yet again, I cant. My husband "forgot" he had a meeting which messed up the whole day and now ill get to only go work out later tonight. I hope I can still go to 2 classes.
Im stressed because on my days off from work, I am busier than when im working! I clean, do laundry, manage kids and my husband, and then cook. and have to try and lose weight and get time in for myself too?? I just cant do it all and no matter how many times I ask for help, it falls on deaf ears and I am really frustrated today!
What happens when I get stressed like this is I go into destruction mode...I dont want to eat. I feel like I have to "punish" myself in a sense because I have yelled at the kids too much or not been very easy to deal with (becasue im stressed) and then i go push myself in a work out too hard and get exhausted. All the while im still fuming with frustration and so i dont even know if im losing weight anyways because doesnt your body want to hold on to everything in times of stress?
I need to break this vicious cycle but im not sure how! :/ tough day....

Replies

• Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Hope you have a better day tomorrow. My husband is like that. But after reading your post, I can't complain too much as I don't work yet because my son is still home most of the time and doesn't go to school till september.

So all I can offer is my sympathy and hugs. :smile:
  • does your gym have a crèche? dont let any one control you. if you cant get to the gym get some tins of beans out of the store cupboard and use them as weights do exercises at home if you are cleaning the house you will burn as many calories as you would at the gym if not more, 30 mins of house work making beds vacuum the floors take down the curtains and wash them anything that involves bending and stretching, yard work etc will burn 121 calories so you will get a clean house work off some of the frustration and burn calories at the same time
  • Whenever you are in stress mode try and workout with your kids. My son is 4 y/o and loves to workout with me. He does push-ups, sit-ups, squats, lunges and everything else. Try chasing your kids around the house or doing jumping jacks with them. All these things can be done without your husband around and your kids will be having a blast as well. My husband works really long hours and I have had to learn this the hard way. If you have babies you can bench press them or lay on your side by them and do leg raises. All of these burn calories. Hope this is helpful and that you have lots of fun with your kids doing these.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Hang in there.... one day at a time...
  • thanks you guys! I will try and take a mommy time out and reset. one day at a time is good advice and i know my kids would love to "help" me work out. i need to be better at counting all my forms of activity instead of just my traditional work outs, cuz im on the go 24/7.:)
This discussion has been closed.