30 day shred - tracking calories burned?

Options
So I'm about to start JM's 30 day shred. Uh, what do y'all track it as since it's not listed in the exercise journal?

Replies

• nlfrancis
    Options
    I had that same question - you can use the circuit training general or if you have a heart rate monitor you can use that.
  • onalighternote
    Options
    You could always buy a heart rate monitor and use that to determine the calories burned during the dvd work out, that would probably be most accurate.
  • paulagabay
    Options
    It is now. I did it the other day but this is according to my heart rate monitor. Everybody is different.
  • sybil1106
    Options
    If you don't have a HRM then I would put it as 20 min of calisthenics.
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I had that same question - you can use the circuit training general or if you have a heart rate monitor you can use that.

Thanks! I have to invest in a HRM...someday!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    You can actually rename your workout. I type in something in the search and then on the bottom, it says 'can't find what you're looking for?' and if you go into it, you can set up your own. I named mine..well..30 Day Shred! I have a heart rate monitor and I burn appx 220 - 235 kcal depending on how warm my body is when i start. I'm 5'2'' and 148lbs. I know some people have burned double that amount if they're taller and/or heavier than me.

Tiffany
  • LadyKT
    Options

Isn't a little bit more than 20 minutes though? or do you not count the warm up and cool down?
  • LadyKT
    Options
    You can actually rename your workout. I type in something in the search and then on the bottom, it says 'can't find what you're looking for?' and if you go into it, you can set up your own. I named mine..well..30 Day Shred! I have a heart rate monitor and I burn appx 220 - 235 kcal depending on how warm my body is when i start. I'm 5'2'' and 148lbs. I know some people have burned double that amount if they're taller and/or heavier than me.

Tiffany

Thanks Tiffany! I'm around the same as you - 5'3 and 150 :)
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I count the warm up & cool down so it equals 26 minutes.
    I know alot of people that enter it under circuit training...I burn 190 calories doing level 1 :smile: GOOD LUCK!
    [i'm a little over 5'9 & 167lbs]
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    I put it under circuit training cause that is what it is bascially. and if you are going hard for 20 mins you should be good.
  • imatur912
    Options
    Circuit training is right and for 20 minutes not including warm up or cool down. Most of JM's DVDs are circuit training
  • sybil1106
    Options

Isn't a little bit more than 20 minutes though? or do you not count the warm up and cool down?

I don't count the warm up and cool down for the calories. It's the most acurate when I don't use the HRM. Technically we're not vigorously working during cool down and warm up.:wink: