Wow!

Options
709 calories for breakfast today. I feel like a pig, but I had chocolate milk (I had just worked out and have had good results with this compared to Gatorade or something) 2 clementines, a homemade biscuit with 1T peanut butter, and 2T half and half (total)in my 2 cups of coffee. Whoda thunk?

Replies

• valeriedent2
    Options
    Sometimes I am absolutely amazed at how quickly it adds up!!
  • kimberleykaren
    Options
    Pesky little calories don't take long to add up :)
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    but i bet you won't be hungry for awhile!!! :D
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Gatorade is just glorified sugar water (this is my opinion. I don't work out hard enough to justify drinking it). Just think of how fast those calories are getting burned off due to your pre-breakfast workout!
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    LOL!!! I had chocalate milk this morn I was surprised that it had over 200 cal in it...
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I can relate! I made oatmeal for myself and my children this morning and used only water with 2 Tbsp of butter, zero sweeteners. I portioned out one cup of that saintly prepared oatmeal and I added a 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries and one Tbsp of chopped walnuts...that equals a staggering 539 calories. I was angry! All of the ingredients are primo for your health but oh who cares you have to run five miles to afford eating it. It's not like I was eating a donut and I felt like such a Spartan for not putting sugar, honey, maple syrup or anything on it!
  • ptrppl6
    Options
    Testing my signature! I'm new at this, so I figured I'd bury it on one of my own posts.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I made oatmeal for myself and my children this morning and used only water with 2 Tbsp of butter, zero sweeteners. I portioned out one cup of that saintly prepared oatmeal and I added a 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries and one Tbsp of chopped walnuts...that equals a staggering 539 calories. I was angry! All of the ingredients are primo for your health but oh who cares you have to run five miles to afford eating it. It's not like I was eating a donut and I felt like such a Spartan for not putting sugar, honey, maple syrup or anything on it!

Butter in oatmeal?? Make it with half soya or almond milk & half water & forget the butter..it will taste just as good & save you a heap of calories.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I had leftover pizza this morning 4 breakfast :D