5 ft. women -- what is your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• mommytomia
    Options
    I am 40 years old and 5ft3..I would LOVE to be 116, but I fear that is not realistic for me.
    I am going to shoot for 126 (I am currently 136)...., since I was 13 the last time I weighed that.
    :)
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    5'2" here & 134lbs.

That was my goal, as I started off at 244lbs. I, like a few of the previous posters, don't know if going to the low end of the recommended BMI would look healthy for my frame structure. I've entertained going another 5-10lbs., but I get hounded by my Husband & family about it. I've been down to 130 during my maintaining of almost 1 year now, but found my face looked gaunt. To each his own, I say re-evaluate as you near your primary goal.
  • indigochilds
    indigochilds Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet tall as well. My weight goal is 130. But I remembered being 132lbs and in h.s and I had backfat. So I'm going to bring it down to 120. I'm 28 now. So I guess when I break 130. I will definitely re-evaluate when I get closer to be goal. @_@ I get dizzy thinking about my goal weight. I don't remember ever being that light before.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i am 5"5 i can look good at a 145 to 120 it depends on how much i work out if i dont work out i can look fat at 135 my body is odd
  • KerrWal
    Options
    I'm barely 5'1 and I am at my heaviest ever 150- I hate it. I'm working to get down to 120-125. I have some curves (aka a booty which I've been told by my hubby that I cannot lose- so that range is my goal. Two years ago I got down to 124 and loved it but it was with Nutri-system so as soon as I stopped- the fifteen pounds I lost came right back and with a vengeance! I'm working this time with a more healthy approach, attempting the paleo lifestyle and regular workouts. Good luck ladies- I know its tough when your pint size!
  • HaydonS19
    HaydonS19 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" trying to get down to 125. But I really just wanna get rid of my tummy!

I am the same but want to get to 115
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and right now my goal is set at 130. Sometimes I think that I should be shooting for less, but with my "Cuban curves" :wink: I don't know how realistic that would be!
  • vitosbud
    vitosbud Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and I'm aiming for 140. Partly because I'm trying to lose 50 lbs by my 50th birthday, but partly cuz I've been 180-190 for so long I want to make sure I can maintain. Who knows... I might get there and aim for 130 :)
  • rlmarti4
    rlmarti4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 but usually round up to an even 5 :) I started at 135 and my goal is 110, although i dont think I can stay that weight after I stop dieting so 115 would be good too. Back in middle school I got to be over 145 (i stopped looking at the scale) and i worked my butt off to get to 116 and got to 120 right after i quit dieting. This time I want to change my habits and stay healthy!
  • minky_77
    Options
    5' and would like to be between 115-120.
  • appleshells
    Options
    I am 5 ft and was aiming for about 150 (where I felt the best) but seeing everyone elses replies I guess that's still too fat and I should aim for alot less. Hmmmmm
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and aiming for 125. I reached my goal the week before my hysterectomy this summer, but gained a little back after surgery. I'm at 130 now and a size 6. My body fat percent is low (14.4 %) and measurements are good (35-25-33), but I still have a little stubborn fat on my thighs. I'm still following a 1300-1400 calorie diet and working out like a madwoman, but don't know if I'll meet my goal or not. I just wanna get my thighs in a little better shape. I'll probably go on maintenance as soon as I'm happy with them.
  • tdvandyke
    tdvandyke Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". Started this journey at 143. Am now down to 128, feeling pretty good, and fitting nicely into size 4s. But my goal is still 115. Want to get rid of some mushy stuff around the tummy.
  • RebeccaM2386
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and am aiming for around 110
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i am 5'2.5" i started at 155, now am 134. my goal is 126 so am not too far away. once i get to 126 i may change my mind!
  • dancinggirl81
    dancinggirl81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and would like to be around the 105 range. I'm currently about 113.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" currently 189 shooting for 135. I may change that but 135 was my lowest weight before having my sons. And I remember what that looks like and thinking then that losing too much more weight would look sickly on my large frame. I may reevaluate in time but still think 125 would be my absolute lowest.
  • cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 115. I have a small frame so I think that weight will finally have me look more proportional.
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft. and would like to get down to 115. Any other 5ft women struggling / have struggled with the same?
    I've always said it's not my weight that's my problem but my height! Lol!
    I just scrape in under 5ft 2 and I will kill for another 4-5 inches! But it's not going to happen now at nearly 40 yrs old!!

I know that 126 llbs (9 stone) (57kilos) would be a great weight for me but with my age and my PCOS against me I don't think I will make it to that. If I made it to 140 llbs (10 stone) (63.6 kilos) then I will be happy with that!
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft and was aiming for about 150 (where I felt the best) but seeing everyone elses replies I guess that's still too fat and I should aim for alot less. Hmmmmm

Everyone is different! I have big bones and I know that 115 would have me looking too thin.. also, I have age against me as well as PCOS... I think you should aim for your goal and re-assess when you get there!!!