Healthy recipes involving potatoes?

Options
Hello mfps. I dont have a clue what Im going to cook for dinner this evening. I have been trying very hard to eat healthy. Dinner time always stumps me though! I have two medium size potatoes and Im looking for some dinner ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    home made french fried. wash and peel potatoes drizzle in olive oil and garlic powder and pepper.
    Bake at 425 for 30 mins.

I also stir fry red and green peppers, onions, and plop it in the center of a baked potato with a dollop of light sour cream.

You could also do scalloped potatoes and ham hotdish.
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    BBQ potato wedges with a turkey burger maybe?
    Potatoes are made by slicing them into lil cubes.
    Add a tbs of butter and tbs of honey and melt the butter down and drizzle over the wedges.
    add some chili pepper, seasoning salt, and salt and pepper.
    You might need more butter and honey to taste.
    pop in the oven for 30 min at 425
    it's like a burger and fries only healthy :)
    It's my favorite anyway and they are only like 200 or less cals for a cup of potatoes

Comfort Food diet is where the receipe comes from
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    How about stuffed potato?

I normally make them with 1/4 or 1/2 cup of Lloyd's BBQ (packaged in the frozen section at Walmart), 1/4 cup shredded cheese, and 2 TBSP light ranch dressing. My family loves them! We normally have a salad for a side (mine is 2 cups spring mix, 1 Roma tomato, sometimes a tad bit of feta cheese, and some low fat light balsamic vin. dressing)
  • startover
    Options
    Plain baked potatoes are always good, and low in calories!! (75-100 depending on size) I use Ms Dash instead of salt and pepper to flavor it (zero calories!) and two dollops of sour cream (60 calories). You can use butter instead of sour cream, if you don't like it.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Hello mfps. I dont have a clue what Im going to cook for dinner this evening. I have been trying very hard to eat healthy. Dinner time always stumps me though! I have two medium size potatoes and Im looking for some dinner ideas. Thanks!

BTW, I just posted a topic for a recipe exchange via email. If you're interested, e-mail me at neeliafaulkner@gmail.com
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    I second the baked potato wedges idea :)

Or...something I make (rarely because it can be bad lol), twice baked potatoes....bake the potatoes, scoop em out, mash and mix with lean ground beef, lowfat sour cream or ricotta and lowfat cheese...restuff and bake until the cheese is melted :)
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    i like to do twice baked potatoes....bake them for an hour at 350 and then cut them in half, scoop out the insides into a bowl (leaving skins intact) and mix in other ingredients; put them back in the oven until they're golden brown. i like to do chicken and cheese or mushrooms, onions, peppers and cheese...bacon, anything. you can use chicken or veg broth to reduce the amount of butter you use, and (if you like) use fat free plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream. if you need lower calorie, then just eat your potato with some salsa and the fat free yogurt with maybe a small spinach salad on the side.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Plain baked potatoes are always good, and low in calories!! (75-100 depending on size) I use Ms Dash instead of salt and pepper to flavor it (zero calories!) and two dollops of sour cream (60 calories). You can use butter instead of sour cream, if you don't like it.

I've never thought of using Ms. Dash on my baked potato. Can't wait to try this!
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    How about stuffed potato?

I normally make them with 1/4 or 1/2 cup of Lloyd's BBQ (packaged in the frozen section at Walmart), 1/4 cup shredded cheese, and 2 TBSP light ranch dressing. My family loves them! We normally have a salad for a side (mine is 2 cups spring mix, 1 Roma tomato, sometimes a tad bit of feta cheese, and some low fat light balsamic vin. dressing)

I make these too!! so good :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Whatever you decide to do with them, don't peel them. So much good potassium in the peel. Just cut out any bad places and leave the skin on. :)
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    Whatever you decide to do with them, don't peel them. So much good potassium in the peel. Just cut out any bad places and leave the skin on. :)

AGREED!
  • AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I wrote a lot of these down!