geez, how to I defeat the plateau?

Options
Geez. So last week I posted a question about lowering your calories after you lose 10 lbs. I lowered mine to 1360 (what MFP did for me) but no loss at all. I'm sure i'm in a plateau... but how do you beat it? Any help would be great!!

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Eating your exercise cals? Using a HRM to calculate cals burned? MFP tends to overestimate.
  • Eyvette1
    Eyvette1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I went through a bad one for 4 weeks. I never eat over 1200 cals and just stuck through it. I know it is no magic solution but it finally started moving again in full force.
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options
    I have no idea. :ohwell: Sorry to be of absolutely no help! I have also been on a plateau and done everything suggested to get off of it with the exception of strength training. Guess I will try that next.

I hope someone can answer your question!
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Keep your body guessing by not eating the same amount of calories every day. Eat 1200 for 3-4 days, then switch to 1800 for 3-4 days, then 1400, then 1600 and so on. And also vary your exercise routines the same way... one week use 5 lb weights, then next week use 2 lbs. Switch up your routines too. Keep you body guessing so it doesn't go into starvation mode or hit a wall in your exercise routine.
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need to eat more and exercise more to actually loose weight, plus pounds are not everything, which you probably know... Body fat and other aspects are just as important, muscles weigh more than fat.

Good luck!
  • mani5ha
    mani5ha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eat more? I had plateued in fact I was gaining cos i was on weightwatchers, i had a week of eating a little more and having some alcohol and i managed to lose 2lbs
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have been eating 200-300 more calories a day and doing some light weights and lost 3lbs over the weekend. Thanks for your help!