Budybugg users, I have a question about rest days.

Fit4Penny
Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
So I have a bodybugg and have had it for over a year now. I love it! I use it as a motivational tool to keep active.

On to my question. Today is my day off from exercise. My goals on the bodybugg are set up as follows:

Calories burned: 2050
Activity: 1 hour
Step Count: 10,000.

When I exercise I usually blow these goals out of the water. On rest days (especially if it's a work day), I struggle to meet the calories burned and step count without purposely going out on at least a 20-30 minute walk. Since I have had my bodybugg I have maybe missed my goal 2 times and that's because I had the flu! But man I really just want a day off!! Does anyone else struggle with this? Do you just not worry about the goals for that day?

Just curious what other people are doing.

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Everyone needs rest days once in awhile. I wouldn't worry about reaching your goals on rest days - it doesn't hurt to throw in a short walk or something like that on a rest day, since that's not vigorous/strenuous activity, but honestly I would just not worry about it. Obviously your deficit may be lower than what you plan if you don't burn as much as you plan, but as long as you're not overeating on those days, it's not a big deal.

Edited to add: I do use a BodyMedia FIT. I don't pay attention to activity or step goals at all on rest days. In general, I focus more on my deficit than my actual calorie burn... so on rest days, I just make sure I don't overeat so that I still have a reasonable deficit. On non-rest days, I burn more calories and can eat more, and still get my planned deficit.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    My Body Media is also set to 2050 burn, 1375 eat. I usually burn close to 3000 on my exercise days and have about a 1000 calorie deficit as opposed to the 750 they want, my steps are also way over, so it all balances out for the weekly report.
  • arwsgirl
    arwsgirl Posts: 75 Member
    I've considered a BodyBugg but haven't seen the reason to make that kind of financial commitment. I'll have to do some more research.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    It is worth it's weight in gold. For instance MFP assumes someone my age and height burns about 1700 calories a day. So to lose weight they want me to cut 500 calories for a pound a week. That 1700 however is if I were in a coma and didn't move the entire day. Never happens. I now see with my Body Media Fit that I actually burn between 2800 and 3000 calories a day which means I should be eating a lot more. This is why I have been on my plateau for so long. My body is holding on to stored fat because I don't feed it enough.
This discussion has been closed.