Supplements?

Options
Hello all! Had a question about when is the best time to take certain supplements or vitamins?? What do YOU take and when? What is the best supplement or vitamin to take that will help the MOST with working out/ losing weight/ repairing cells etc.?? Thanks!!:heart:

Replies

• arwsgirl
    arwsgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't know that there's a one-size-fits-all answer but here's what I do.

Morning: liquid Vitamin D in my protein shake. "shot" of chlorophyll, ginseng and iodine 2% (all liquid).

Night (after a good workout): "shot" of calcium/magnesium, potassium, melatonin and valerian root (all liquid).

Taking the potassium & cal/mag at night helps me from being too sore and stiff the next morning. I have a hard time with pills so I get the liquid of the supplements I need to take and I take them using a shot glass with a little bit of juice in it.
  • Charlie001
    Options
    There is a whole slew of products and everyone has a different answer. If you want my opinion, get a 5 lb tub of optimum nutrition protein. It has glutemine which repairs muscles, BCAA which protect muscles. It is also a good meal replacement at 120 calories a scoop. You could also try CLA for fat loss.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Here is what I have been doing as far as vitamins and supplements. Don't think there is a catch all method to it for everyone but this one works for me.

I take all mine in the morning between breakfast and lunch.

Liquid multi vitamin from Youngevity.com called "Beyond Tangy". It is great if you mix two scoops with a little water and some Tropicana 50 orange juice in a water bottle. The OJ cuts the vitamin twang out of it for me.

I also take Omega 3 fish oil, calcium and a antioxidant tab called Polbax, which is also from Youngevity.com with a line there called ProJoba. On the days when I skip the liquid multi..I take a women's multi vitamin for weight loss.

I also drink a lot of water during the day which certainly makes you full, and flushes out all the toxins in your body.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about supplement too, then I looked at my chart, everything seems pretty balanced and good. I only take fish oil now. And I'm keeping closer attention on nutrition labels to get more vitamins, etc. In your case, since you don't eat much, you might want to take multivitamin, protein shake.
  • mislove68
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin for an active metabolism in the morning with my breakfast. Its just up & up brand from Target. I also take whey protean within an hour of working out at the gym. I dont do that when i workout at home no reason.
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This is a really tough answer because there really isn't a uniform answer.

EXCEPT! That most vitamins absorb better with food consumption. Also most things, like calcium, can only be absorbed in small quantities.

You can peek at my diary, if you'd like, and you can see what I take. There all under breakfast but I spread them out between meals. If you are super curious, you have a panel done to test where you need improvements.

If you are unsure of what you are deficient in, the genera recommendation for women seems to be a multivitamin with DHA and folic acid.