Exercise Routine and Pregnancy

Options
I am 6 weeks pregnant with #3 and for the first time EVER (my first two pregnancies I had ZERO sickness) I am experiencing nausea and sickness. I am trying so hard to stick with my exercise routine to stay strong and keep some of the weight off that I put on prior to getting pregnant.

What exercises did YOU feel up to during your first trimester if you were sick? Did you have to change up your routine at all? This is all so new to me.

Replies

• ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    i walked when I felt well. I didn't do much till the nausea passed in the 2nd trimester. Then I started walking more and weight training. You can google weight workouts. I was successful with that until this week, now i'm utterly exhausted, but still trying.

Good luck.
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    have you tried prenatal yoga? yoga is generally low impact and as long as it keeps you moving it should help
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I try to be outside as much as possible. I'm 27 weeks and still go hiking with my dogs. I have really bad morning sickness that still has not let up. Kind of gross to say but at least when I'm outside I can vomit anywhere. :/
  • Tiffj
    Tiffj Posts: 2
    Options
    First of all Congratulations!!!! I was also very sick my 3rd pregnancy but in my case it turned out to be twins...CRAZY! I found that walking was the best thing for me. Also somethings that helped the nausea was ginger ale and citrus fruit. I couldn't get enough of either and it really help with how I was feeling.
    Try to listen to your body and not push too hard. In the 2nd trimester you will feel so much better and be able to work out almost the level that you want.
    Good luck!
    Tiffani
  • stlbabyplanner
    Options
    You should try the Pregnancy Fit Kit. My friend recommended it to me and she was right - it is awesome. Their website is http://www.PregnancyFitKit.com - Good luck! :smile:
  • simplyblessed89
    Options
    Congratulations!!

When I was pregnant with my son, I had horrible morning sickness, but some of the best advice is just listen to your body. For the 1st and 2nd trimester, I did kickboxing and such like I did before I was pregnant, but I took it down a notch (not so hardcore) on the hard days and especially as I got bigger. During the days I felt awful, I'd eat Preggie Pops and ginger snaps to calm the nasty nausea feeling and do some prenatal yoga and a 30-45 minute walk. It all depends on what your doctor says and how you feel. Don't push yourself during this time, but exercising during your pregnancy DOES help you feel better and keep excess weight gain at bay. PLUS, it helps make a smoother and less stressful labor and delivery. My son was born after 9 hours of labor - and he was my first. I give complete credit to my workout regimen that I kept during my entire pregnancy!

Some of my favorite workout DVDs were Denise Austin's Fit & Firm Pregnancy and 10 Minute Solution Prenatal Pilates. Great for all trimesters!

Congratulations again, and good luck!