I created a monster

Options
peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
Finally, some peace and quiet!! The baby is sleeping! A couple of weekends ago, we went to a jack and jill for friends of ours, it was an afternoon thing so we took the kids. The entire time the monster who calls himself a baby was held onto. If it wasn't me it was somebody else (this was the first time anyone there had seen him) So now, he will not let us or I should say me put him down, I cannot get anything done grrr! I am so the type who believes in letting them "cy" it out, but oh, this cry is going right through my head! Something is soon going to have to give before I go insane!:explode:

Replies

• peej76
    Options
    Finally, some peace and quiet!! The baby is sleeping! A couple of weekends ago, we went to a jack and jill for friends of ours, it was an afternoon thing so we took the kids. The entire time the monster who calls himself a baby was held onto. If it wasn't me it was somebody else (this was the first time anyone there had seen him) So now, he will not let us or I should say me put him down, I cannot get anything done grrr! I am so the type who believes in letting them "cy" it out, but oh, this cry is going right through my head! Something is soon going to have to give before I go insane!:explode:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    OMG My son always needed attention...I bought one of those bulky, and in my opinion very ugly, overly huge, awful looking, baby slings. Ya know what? I got my life back without the guilt. I bought a Baby Bjorn carrier for when I was out and about. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo thankful! My son is now 10 and loves to still cuddle. Obviously not in the baby carrier!!! LOL Seriously, he's great, but still doesn't mind showing me love and neither does my daughter. It might make you nuts for now, but this will give you what is left of your life back for this time frame. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: Imagine how many extra calories you can log for walking with this weight on you! OOOoOoooO!!!

Good luck! let me know if you get one of these!

Oh...just remembered...There were times that I literally started telling people, he's been held too much, let me set him down so you both can visit. It will get easier! It is perfectly normal for you to wonder why you birthed a monster at this point. :wink:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with a cuddly baby. Certainly, that aspect is going to appeal to any mother, but when it interferes with the other parts of your life until you can't get a thing done, it's time to take a stand. There is never a good time to determine when a baby needs to start learning how to 'self-comfort'. If you have to pick him up or hold him everytime he cries, you indeed have created a monster, and he's got you trained!! Babies are not dumb.

Turn it around. You will have to feel your way through it. A sling is a good idea, but that still doesn't free you up for things that you may need to do sans baby. I used to set the day-seat up on the counter while I prepared meals or did craftwork (and obviously secured him elsewhere when I had to turn my back). Also, if crying is an issue and you know he's not in any distress (process of elimination to determine what is wrong), and you plan to force a period of 're-training' try a good pair of earplugs. They work wonders.
  • peej76
    Options
    OMG My son always needed attention...I bought one of those bulky, and in my opinion very ugly, overly huge, awful looking, baby slings. Ya know what? I got my life back without the guilt. I bought a Baby Bjorn carrier for when I was out and about. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo thankful! My son is now 10 and loves to still cuddle. Obviously not in the baby carrier!!! LOL Seriously, he's great, but still doesn't mind showing me love and neither does my daughter. It might make you nuts for now, but this will give you what is left of your life back for this time frame. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: Imagine how many extra calories you can log for walking with this weight on you! OOOoOoooO!!!

Good luck! let me know if you get one of these!

Oh...just remembered...There were times that I literally started telling people, he's been held too much, let me set him down so you both can visit. It will get easier! It is perfectly normal for you to wonder why you birthed a monster at this point. :wink:
    You are right, they are pretty ugly lol!! I've got one of the baby carriers for front or back, but people say the sling is better for your back. I keep the carrier in the van for grocery shopping, cause I know if I bring it in I'll forget to take it along next time! I definitley would love to try a sling!!
  • peej76
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with a cuddly baby. Certainly, that aspect is going to appeal to any mother, but when it interferes with the other parts of your life until you can't get a thing done, it's time to take a stand. There is never a good time to determine when a baby needs to start learning how to 'self-comfort'. If you have to pick him up or hold him everytime he cries, you indeed have created a monster, and he's got you trained!! Babies are not dumb.

Turn it around. You will have to feel your way through it. A sling is a good idea, but that still doesn't free you up for things that you may need to do sans baby. I used to set the day-seat up on the counter while I prepared meals or did craftwork (and obviously secured him elsewhere when I had to turn my back). Also, if crying is an issue and you know he's not in any distress (process of elimination to determine what is wrong), and you plan to force a period of 're-training' try a good pair of earplugs. They work wonders.
    Yes, earplugs.....need a pair lol!!! Sometimes it's not too bad, if I really really need to get something done one of his brothers will entertain him for a bit, but I refuse to be one of those moms who let the older kids do everything. Usually I'll just let him cry it out, but I was in a mood that day lol!!