Anyone used a dancing pole to help lose weight?

Options
Hiya!

This is my first post here, yay! :)

Just wondering if anyone has used a dance pole to help lose weight, and how successful has it been?

Thankies X

Replies

• scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have my first pole dance class tonight! :wink: I'm so excited!

I think it really depends on the instructor and the moves. It takes time to work up to pulling yourself up the pole and hanging upside down, but the core would be engaged for most of the workout and the arms and legs would get a great workout.
  • shellywoodworth
    shellywoodworth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I took a stripersize class and we did do some pole work, It was alot of fun good luck.
  • LesleyCupcakes
    Options
    I have my first pole dance class tonight! :wink: I'm so excited!

I think it really depends on the instructor and the moves. It takes time to work up to pulling yourself up the pole and hanging upside down, but the core would be engaged for most of the workout and the arms and legs would get a great workout.

Ooh have fun :) xx
  • debgiles222
    debgiles222 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I took 1 pole dancing class and walked away sore and with bruises for days. It's muscles that don't normally get noticed so it's really good. I went back for a second a month later and still walked away being incredibly sore and bruised. You don't have to do all the fancy moves like flipping upside down in order to make it work. Even the beginner stuff is good. and it's SOOO much fun!!!!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I don't think that pole dancing is for me. The only part of me that felt the workout is the two HUGE bruises I see forming on the inside of my thighs from where my legs thwapped into the pole because the instructor had us doing the Fireman within two minutes of walking into the class and didn't give any instruction on where the following leg should go. I thought that my arms and stuff would feel it, but not so much. I did learn a stripper routine (we kept our clothes on), so that was cool, but I'd guess I burned more calories getting changed for the class than in the class itself.
  • hanface1984
    Options
    It is amazing! I found it really difficult but so much fun and i ached for days afterwards! Its a shame you don't live down here because they do free classes on a monday! Am defo getting a pole tho when i get a place that has room!! :smile: