Use of mental imagery

Options
I picture myself as raw metal. Then when I'm at the gym and I feel the heat from my muscles it's like I'm being forged into something strong and shiny, like a sword.

Does anyone else use any mind tricks like this?

Replies

• MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I usually just picture myself in outfits that I would like to buy as I'm working out.
  • Toaster88
    Options
    The metal thing is cool. I work in a Machine Shop, so that is an easy visualiztion.
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    I always picture myself in the jeans that I want to fit into.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Um...maybe this is weird, but I get so sick of having to use the bathroom all the time from all the water I am drinking. I have started visualizing myself peeing out all the fat. Lol, is that weird or just TMI?!?
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    Um...maybe this is weird, but I get so sick of having to use the bathroom all the time from all the water I am drinking. I have started visualizing myself peeing out all the fat. Lol, is that weird or just TMI?!?

LOL!! I kinda do something similar too. When I am using the bathroom, I envision my stomach getting smaller and smaller....
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options

LOL!! I kinda do something similar too. When I am using the bathroom, I envision my stomach getting smaller and smaller....

LoL that's just crazy.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I use mental imagery in running. If I want to bail I imagine I'm on the last lap of an Ironman run and people are cheering etc.

In spin I sometime imagine I'm pack riding and someone is trying to overtake me etc.

For swimming mental imagery is more pleasant like imagining I'm open water swimming somewhere nice.
  • yurmomma
    Options

LoL that's just crazy.

What do you mean.....you don't pee out the fat???? LOL