The Zone

Options
Went to the doctor today and he was telling me about the "Zone" has anyone out there tried this? I have the book that I bought last year when he told me to try it and just never did. I was reading some of it today and it looks like it would be pretty hard to stick to.

Replies

• theidarisafa
    Options
    I've not read the book, but I enjoy zone bars.

a little bit of fat, protein, and carb at each meal or snack.

Basically a certain percentage of each is optimal for long term weight loss.

I think if a doctor recommends something you should try it and see how it goes. Let us know if it works out or not.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Jennifer Aniston lives on the Zone diet & look at her body ;o)
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have done the zone in the past and it worked really well for me, lost weight and was never hungry, if anything I was tired of eating constantly (ate 5 mini meals per day). Back then I had recipes for each meal that were figured out for my caloric needs already so didn't have to think about it just measure and cook with no surprises. It is also the model I had been trying to follow a couple of weeks ago (not doing it right now) and the bigest issue was finding ways to get the protein in there but with the MFP tools I was usually able to play around with portion amounts to get as close to the 40-30-30 ratio as possible. That is120-40-90 per day or 24-8-18 per meal for me (1200 cals per day) and then it got more complicated when I had to eat extra calories because of my workouts as I had a hard time improvising the right amounts of each for late evening snacks. Eating in the zone does take some planning ahead and you will mostly have to prepare all your meals your self but it is doable! Also, if you do a search for zone recipes you will find ideas as well, just use the MFP tools to scale them down or up for your needs.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    The zone definitely takes a lot of planning. As someone said Jennifer Aniston eats this way and looks amazing... BUT she also has a personal chef to prepare her meals, a personal trainer, and smokes like a chimmney!