Boxing Training - Calories Burned

digit78
digit78 Posts: 177
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi - hoping to get some ideas about the amount of calories burned during my regular Boxing training. Once a week I do a half hour 1 on 1 training with a boxing coach at a high level of intensity with minimal rest during the session (maybe two water breaks at most). The session would normal consist of the following type of schedule:

Warmup -5 minutes
Skipping, ladder work, lunges etc

Equipment Session - 15 minutes
Tractor Tyre & Sledge Hammer Work or Kettle Bell Work or Lifts etc using a dead weight Bag.

Boxing - 10 minutes
3x2min Rounds of Pad work (repetitive 9 punch combos - Jab, Cross, Uppercut, Hook, Slips, Duck, Body, Block etc)

I've had a look at Circuits on MFP etc but knowing how much I burn up in these sessions (its also in a very warm and humid gym) I cant help but think I use up alot more calories than the 356 quoted.

Any ideas would be great as I would like to add this to my Exercise List specifically.

Replies

• try logging it as kick boxing.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Get a heart rate monitor.
  • digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    Get a heart rate monitor.

I was thinking that, but not sure what to get. Any recommendations?
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    log it as kick boxing I do boxercise on my wii and when it generates it as wii fit exercises it only comes out at half of the cals I know I have burned (as it calculates them while I exercise) whereas with kick boxing its about right alternatively log each individual exercise and duration (this will probably take you a while but once you have done it once its all there for next time) x
  • How much you burn can depend on a lot of factors including your weight so I'll just be guessing here. I do this training as well! In an hour I've found that I burn about 500 calories. I would assume in 30 minutes you'd get at least 250 out of it. As a male who is probably taller than me it is probably more.

Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.