Running Troubles...

schninie82
schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Help...I dont know what happened to me tonight...

I run tuesdays and thursdays with a club for an hour each night... I can only do about 4.3-4.5 miles each time but I'm slowly improving.... Ive been doing Jillian Michaels since last week friday (20mins of 30 day shred)...that night I had a shower but basically went to bed with a wet head as I was SHATTERED! Subsequently....next day a cold crept up on me...I was chesty over the weekend... I kept up the Jillians Michaels Shred, and did it low impact each night... So tuesday night gone I went running as usual as I was feeling a bit better... and then tonight I went running... just over half a mile down the road and I had to stop my usual 4.3 mile run as planned and join the begginners group doing 3.3miles walk/jog instead.... My legs just felt really stiff and slightly achey... I tried to go slower, you know, pull it back, thought I had started too fast but no....I walked for a bit but too stuff to start running for the rest of the journey without feeling stiff again....!

So what happened to me? Im thinking maybe:
1) Just feeling odd as I had the cold and the body is recovering...?
2) Jillian Michaels is developing muscels in my body that hadnt been worked in a while and I was just exercising them but flaked when I felt the burn, should have carried on.....?
3) Over-worked, take a break...?
4) Should have stretched first (althought I never do)....?
5) ....I dont know?????

Help please?? Need to know what it was so I can avoid this happening again...I was quiet proud of myself going out running, dont want this to happen again...

Has anyone got any ideas or tips or any advice really?

Thank you for listening to me having a whinge!!!

Replies

• kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Any of your reasons could hve something to do with it...but sometimes we just have craptastic runs.....it happens. Take a rest day..do some yoga or something and you will be back to better than brand new ...
This discussion has been closed.