What inspires you?

Options
I would love to hear your most inspiring things that keep you going!

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    My wife inspires me.
    PC.JPG
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    The scale:) And the way that my clothes fit! :)
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    WOW mcope!!! how awesome is your wife! She looks GEORGOUS!!! (Ok, i don't know how to spell that, and after some celebration drinking, I don't care)

AND...she looks skinnier than I do in that last pic, and I'm 135! She's awesome! Such goooooood motivation!
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    DSC_0054.jpg
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Well it looks better in the bigger picture lol
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Jeff Willet - Lifetime Drug Free IFBB Pro Body Builder (amazing, amazing accomplishment)

http://www.jeffwillet.blogspot.com/
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    My 16 year old sons upcoming Black Belt Test. I used to study with him until my knees gave out about 6 or so years ago. I want to be in his test and am trying to take it again! Gotta get back into karate shape first. I only have till June
  • junkfoodsux
    Options
    Life!
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yeah, mcope, your wife looks hot!! Good for her!

I am not so much inspired as I am motivated.... I am motivated by my own success thusfar and my desire to look freakin' hot at my 30th birthday party. I'm motivated by shows like Heavy that remind me how I could possibly end up if I don't stick to it. I'm motivated by wanting to get back in the dating world and feel like someone that someone else would actually want. I'm motivated by a trip I'll be taking this summer on which I'm expecting to do a ton of hiking, and therefore motivated by wanting to achieve a supreme level of fitness! I'm motivated by all the positive comments and compliments people have been giving me lately. I'm motivated most of all by how much more happy I've been over the past year than I was for the previous five years or so... Being happy and feeling great is the best motivation of all!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I inspire me.

For a personal background as to why I sound so conceited, I've always had the utmost confidence in my abilities to overcome anything. I have a rebellious curiosity by nature, so when people in society tell me not to do something because it's bad, I question why. Without a real solid answer, as most of those people have never gone through the experiences they're telling me to stay away from, I did the most logical thing to me, and I would find out for myself.

I treat [my] life as my own social experiment. If it's an experience that doesn't agree with me, I move on. At least I can say I did it. I've willingly put myself through so many hardships in life, just to prove or disprove any consequences associated with them. I developed a learning curve through extremes, then I find a happy medium. I firmly believe that you can't truly enjoy one aspect of anything without knowing what it's like to experience the opposite. But those experiences are what made me, I believe, a better me.

In my case, I enjoy life because I know what it's like to [almost] experience death...multiple times for different reasons. With living a healthier lifestyle of diet and exercise, it stemmed from being morbidly obese with a BMI of 45 and not knowing I had diabetes until I went into the ER one night for severe abdominal pain. Once I checked in, the nurse said she could smell ketones coming off of me, and my blood sugar was so high, their glucose meter gave an error. The ER nurse estimated it to be over 600 at least. I was experiencing DKA (Diabetic Keto-Acidosis aka diabetic coma). On top of that, the sharp abdominal pain was from acute pancreatitis. Usually those 2 diagnoses typically result in death within a week. About 80% chance of death to be semi-precise. Having a nursing education background, I knew what the chances were, though the physicians would never actually state that I was going to be fine. They just said they'll wait to see results and let time progress to see how my body does on a daily basis.

During that time, I was considering Lap-Band to jumpstart weight loss. When everyone said that would be the best thing since I probably wouldn't be able to do it on my own, the rebellious curiosity kicked in. I wondered if I could do it without the procedure. The medical personnel said that I would be going through diabetic symptoms probably for life and usually the chances of successfully reversing the symptoms were slim-to-none. Again, the rebellious curiosity kicked in. High blood pressure. Rebellious curiosity. High cholesterol. Same.

Because of my unwillingness to give in to reasons provided by professionals (authority, in general) to take the safer course of action, I successfully lost the weight (currently 125 lbs), and as I changed my diet, I reversed the symptoms of my diabetes. Meaning no more insulin shots and no more glucose medication. As for the hypertension and high cholesterol and triglyceride levels, all down to normal. BP actually became lower than normal. My doctor called me just to congratulate me personally for such a surprising success.

So, my own personal belief to do everything my own way, as I've done with both good and bad outcomes, led me to be an inspiration to myself.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I inspire me.

For a personal background as to why I sound so conceited, I've always had the utmost confidence in my abilities to overcome anything. I have a rebellious curiosity by nature, so when people in society tell me not to do something because it's bad, I question why. Without a real solid answer, as most of those people have never gone through the experiences they're telling me to stay away from, I did the most logical thing to me, and I would find out for myself.

I treat [my] life as my own social experiment. If it's an experience that doesn't agree with me, I move on. At least I can say I did it. I've willingly put myself through so many hardships in life, just to prove or disprove any consequences associated with them. I developed a learning curve through extremes, then I find a happy medium. I firmly believe that you can't truly enjoy one aspect of anything without knowing what it's like to experience the opposite. But those experiences are what made me, I believe, a better me.

In my case, I enjoy life because I know what it's like to [almost] experience death...multiple times for different reasons. With living a healthier lifestyle of diet and exercise, it stemmed from being morbidly obese with a BMI of 45 and not knowing I had diabetes until I went into the ER one night for severe abdominal pain. Once I checked in, the nurse said she could smell ketones coming off of me, and my blood sugar was so high, their glucose meter gave an error. The ER nurse estimated it to be over 600 at least. I was experiencing DKA (Diabetic Keto-Acidosis aka diabetic coma). On top of that, the sharp abdominal pain was from acute pancreatitis. Usually those 2 diagnoses typically result in death within a week. About 80% chance of death to be semi-precise. Having a nursing education background, I knew what the chances were, though the physicians would never actually state that I was going to be fine. They just said they'll wait to see results and let time progress to see how my body does on a daily basis.

During that time, I was considering Lap-Band to jumpstart weight loss. When everyone said that would be the best thing since I probably wouldn't be able to do it on my own, the rebellious curiosity kicked in. I wondered if I could do it without the procedure. The medical personnel said that I would be going through diabetic symptoms probably for life and usually the chances of successfully reversing the symptoms were slim-to-none. Again, the rebellious curiosity kicked in. High blood pressure. Rebellious curiosity. High cholesterol. Same.

Because of my unwillingness to give in to reasons provided by professionals (authority, in general) to take the safer course of action, I successfully lost the weight (currently 125 lbs), and as I changed my diet, I reversed the symptoms of my diabetes. Meaning no more insulin shots and no more glucose medication. As for the hypertension and high cholesterol and triglyceride levels, all down to normal. BP actually became lower than normal. My doctor called me just to congratulate me personally for such a surprising success.

So, my own personal belief to do everything my own way, as I've done with both good and bad outcomes, led me to be an inspiration to myself.

WOW! You are definitely an inspiration! Great job!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    My mom inspires me. She's a very healthy size 4 and my biggest cheerleader. My kids also inspire me because I want to be around for a very very long time!
  • twon2one81908
    Options
    Love this!! :smile:
  • DawnBelle
    Options
    Thanks baby (mcope) :) I love you. You inspire me! You are doing amazing! Almost 100 pounds lost!
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    people like you and everyone else on here
  • Losetheweightnat
    Losetheweightnat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    my family.. I want to live a long time for them and for me to be healthy! also my sexy skinny jeans I can't get into at the moment :grumble: :sad: but boy oh boy I'm getting there!!! :laugh: :wink:
  • Katymom22
    Options
    my friends and family are number 1....right now my sister best friend and I each put 20 bucks in a pot and whoever loses the most weight in a month gets the pot! i won january losing a total of 14 pounds....so you know i think it is do mostly just from switching from pop and juice to just water

2. the biggest loser,heavy,and I used to be fat t.v. shows....if they can lose that much weight that fast then i can lose half the weight in double amount of time.....period

3.when people notice....this is a big deal!!!!!!!

4.mfp.....i love the community and being responsible
  • dekarlo08
    Options
    My motivation comes from my sister. She got the lap band and I don't want to be "the fat one" :tongue:
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old daughter. I had some eating issues in my teens and twenties and had well meaning but clueless parents. I am determined to set the best example I can and keep the communication lines open for both of my kids. I only let her see me trying to eat healthier and exercise for a fit body....it's NEVER about losing weight in her eyes. I keep that part to myself. I'm petrified of her growing up with negative body issues.

And also, I want to be a hot mom :-) Who wouldn't?
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Myself. Realizing my own capabilities.