low calorie foods

Options
im looking for a recipe for a low calorie meatloaf with sauce does anyone know where to find that?

Replies

• RocknnRobin
    RocknnRobin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Here's my recipe for turkey-meatloaf. 359 calories per serving as is, but if you omit flax seed and mushroom gravy it goes even lower. I like these ingredients though because I'm big on getting enough fiber and flavor. But it's something you could easily build from. :)

Turkey Meatloaf:
    2c steel cut oats
    1/4c ground golden flax seeds
    1 lb (16oz pack) lean ground turkey
    1 md red onion (1 cup chopped)
    1 md green bell pepper (1 cup chopped)
    1 4oz can mushrooms (no salt added)
    1 4oz can mushroom gravy sauce
    2 6oz can tomato paste (100% tomatoes)
    2 egg whites
    1 tbsp ground black pepper
    1 tbsp onion powder
    1 tbsp garlic powder
    1 tbsp browning sauce
    1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
    3 tbsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce

Remove green pepper seeds/core. In a food processor, combine red onion, green pepper and drained mushrooms. Dice until veggies are in rice-size bits.

In a small bowl mix Frank's Red Hot Sauce and one can of tomato paste. Add a few tablespoons of water and mix until the consistency is thicker than ketchup. Set aside.

In a large bowl mix ALL remaining ingredients EXCEPT 1/2 cup oats and the small bowl of zesty tomato paste. Combine well—this is important. Get your hands dirty. Squish the meat-mix like you are combining play-do colors!

Spread reserved 1/2 cup oats evenly over the bottom of a loaf pan.
    Form the meat mix into a bread-loaf shape and lay it on the oats in the loaf pan.
    Pour zesty tomato sauce mix over the meatloaf and spread evenly.

Cover with foil and bake at 400 degree for 30 minutes. Take the foil off and bake an additional 10 minutes uncovered. 40 min cooking total.

8 servings; 359 calories per serving; 44 carbs; 10 fat, 23 protein