Pan-Fried in Oil?

Options
If I have a recipe that is pan-fried in shallow canola oil, how many calories does that add?

Replies

• melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I measure the oil as I add it to the pan then when I'm finished cooking I measure it again to see what I used. Then I do a little math and add it to my food diary. Hope that helps. :)
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    How about avoidling the frying all together and bake it?
  • annadilynn
    Options
    i always count what i added...
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I measure the oil as I add it to the pan then when I'm finished cooking I measure it again to see what I used. Then I do a little math and add it to my food diary. Hope that helps. :)

That was all I could think of. I was hoping there was a less troublesome way to do it :wink:
  • jimrogers
    jimrogers Posts: 23 Member
    Options

hmmm.. good idea!

I guess I kind of do the same... I measure what I use, then just "eyeball" what's left over and subtract. : )
  • jenbusick
    Options
    How about avoidling the frying all together and bake it?

Sometimes I do that. Sometimes I do this :smile:
  • xxjessikatxx
    Options
    Yup measure what you use then subtract it by whats left!
    Also if your not eating everything in the pan take that into account as well just divide it..
    Why do people think frying is bad??drives me crazy ..argh...
  • pinksgirlfriend
    pinksgirlfriend Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WE FRY RARELY AND WHEN WE DO ITS IN A TINY BIT OF OLIVE OIL
  • jmlabrie
    Options
    I have been spraying the pan first ...then add a teaspoon of Olive Oil....and I count the entire amout of oil.
  • jenbusick
    Options
    I have been spraying the pan first ...then add a teaspoon of Olive Oil....and I count the entire amout of oil.

I thought about doing something like that, but tonight I just needed it to be easy.
  • jenbusick
    Options
    Yup measure what you use then subtract it by whats left!
    Also if your not eating everything in the pan take that into account as well just divide it..
    Why do people think frying is bad??drives me crazy ..argh...

It's the calories, sigh.