Intro From A Newbie

geisharunner
geisharunner Posts: 17
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Well ... newbie to this site.

Hi all! My name is Maria and this isn't my first counting calorie website. The one I was using just didn't have the community and support I was looking for. So here I am!

BACKGROUND:

In the 3 yrs after my high school graduation I gained 100 lbs. In the past 2 years, I've dropped 50 lbs. I'm looking to get rid of the other 50 lbs by the New Year!

My breaking point was 2 years ago I was at my cousin's house. She had just bought a scale cuz she wanted to drop a few lbs. So I decided I would hop on, all in fun, of course. Thinking in my head that I had prob only gained 40 lbs at the most. Nope ... 100 lbs had mysteriously been added to my body! The next day I started walking and counting calories.

Staying within my calorie goal isn't too much of a problem for me most of the time. It's the working out that I need a kick in the butt about. Lol.

I think that's enough of a ramble for now! Happy Flag Day!

Replies

• Well ... newbie to this site.

Hi all! My name is Maria and this isn't my first counting calorie website. The one I was using just didn't have the community and support I was looking for. So here I am!

BACKGROUND:

In the 3 yrs after my high school graduation I gained 100 lbs. In the past 2 years, I've dropped 50 lbs. I'm looking to get rid of the other 50 lbs by the New Year!

My breaking point was 2 years ago I was at my cousin's house. She had just bought a scale cuz she wanted to drop a few lbs. So I decided I would hop on, all in fun, of course. Thinking in my head that I had prob only gained 40 lbs at the most. Nope ... 100 lbs had mysteriously been added to my body! The next day I started walking and counting calories.

Staying within my calorie goal isn't too much of a problem for me most of the time. It's the working out that I need a kick in the butt about. Lol.

I think that's enough of a ramble for now! Happy Flag Day!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Welcome Maria! This site is awesome and the support is the best around.

Keep up the good work!

Julie
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    4.gif
  • ecabrera
    ecabrera Posts: 24 Member
    Welcome Maria. Good luck with your goal. We are all here cheering you on!
    Eileen
  • Thanx everyone!!!

:wink:
This discussion has been closed.