First Day

Options
Hi Everyone, I just found this site today & decided to start tracking my food & weight etc. Even though I started this today I still continued to eat badly! I really need motivation & support! Anyone who would like to walk through this journey together, please friend me!! Hoping tomorrow will be a better start to this program! =)

Replies

• EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!
  • Walkersfaith
    Options
    Welcome! Today is my first day too.
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    Welcome!
    logging your food and work outs really help! it holds you accountable and gives others a chance to give you tips on how to improve, and encourage you as well!
  • nanmosta1
    Options
    Welcome. You took the first step. You'll do great. A very handy tip is to fillout your diary the night before for the next day. It really helps you when you know what you can and can't eat. I always look at my diary when I want to add something to a meal, knowing I have to have available calories.
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    Welcome!
    logging your food and work outs really help! it holds you accountable and gives others a chance to give you tips on how to improve, and encourage you as well!
  • afasnacht
    afasnacht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good luck!!
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just started last month and this site and the mobile app has helped me a lot! Good luck!
  • marktr1000
    marktr1000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started a couple of days ago, just being able to see the calories in the food as you log it is really helpful, some things are really suprising, and its no wonder I had put on weight...

I actually started dieting in November when I was 14 stone 3 lb, I managed to loose just over one stone by Christmas, just be cutting out snacks and reducing portion sizes, also loosly following the Zest for Life plan, which works on a GL scale (Glycemic load) to maintain a steady blood sugar level. Managed to put on about 5 lb over Christmas (who wants to diet at that time of year??) and with the help of wii fit, managed to get down to 12 stone 2. Current goal is 11 stone (10 stone 7 would be my ideal weight according to the calculators...)

Am now logging all my food and trying to get a good balance, still keeping up with the wii fit and have managed to shed another 2 lb already!

Be caeful though, I have found the food diary addictive! Its all very educational, and I think helps to train you to make good choices in the future. The mobile app is excellent for when you are out and about.

Good luck, I know you will make it. :-)
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I joined a week ago xx its a fab site. goodluck everyone xxxx:flowerforyou:
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:happy: This is day 5 for me and I'm already feeling better! Stay with it, it's worth it. :flowerforyou: