Please Share!!!

Options
:sad: I am feeling really discouraged. I have hit a "platue" but need to know how long it's going to last or if anyone out there give some advice. I've been eating my calories and riding the bike for an hour a day as well as strength training 2 - 3 days a week. I haven't lost any more weight or inches in over 6 weeks and I'm so upset. I was hoping to reach my goel weight by the 4th of July but with the way this is going it doesn't look good. Has anyone out there had to deal with this and is there any hope?

Replies

• trosenau
    trosenau Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    :sad: I am feeling really discouraged. I have hit a "platue" but need to know how long it's going to last or if anyone out there give some advice. I've been eating my calories and riding the bike for an hour a day as well as strength training 2 - 3 days a week. I haven't lost any more weight or inches in over 6 weeks and I'm so upset. I was hoping to reach my goel weight by the 4th of July but with the way this is going it doesn't look good. Has anyone out there had to deal with this and is there any hope?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I think Banks had a good post about plateaus but I can't find it--anyone got the link?

Meanwhile, this one might help--

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations?hl=<span class=
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Try changing up your exercise routine and also try spiking your calories a couple days and going under a couple days just to try to shock your body out of its current complaciency. (Someone had suggested making 1,200 your daily calorie AVERAGE for a week or two - meaning some days more some days less to break the routine but without going over your calories for the week.)
  • cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    Options
    I would check a few thing:
    Are you weighting and measuring your foods?
    Are you drinking a min of 64 oz a day?
    Have you increased you weights and you intensity of your workouts?
    Are you eatting at least 5 fruits and vegetables a day?
    Are you drink boos? If you are thats why you are not losing.
    And are you having bowl movements regular? (sorry but its ture) if so increase fiber

I really hope this helps, I use to be a weight loss counselor, these are factors that can prevent from weight loss.
  • darlenebull
    Options
    There is always hope. :flowerforyou: Try changing your exercises...try a new class or walk or run on the treadmill, or do the elliptical. Your body gets used to doing the same exercises so change it up every 4-6 weeks maybe. Try adding more weight to your strength training, don't worry about getting "big muscles" you won't. You may even want to try changing the foods your eating if you have a tendency to eat alot of the same foods. Also you may want to try something called "interval training" that's where you change the tension on your bike for 30 seconds or so throughout your workout. This makes you work harder in short bursts which, though I have'nt tried it, is suppose to work great. Good luck and just keep on trying new things till you start to see results again.:happy:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I looked at your profile youre close to your goal weight and it is harder to loose. Did you write down your measurments when you started? you might be converting fat into muscle ( that's what I'm doing now) My scale isn't moving much but i can see a difference in the way my clothes fit. The other thing might be you need to up your calories for a couple days. I would not advise going under 1200, the way I understood it was monday 1200 tuesday 1600, wednesday 1300 thursday maybe 1400 and friday 1800 ... it all depends what your body needs to sustain your current weight. A lot of the women on here are saying that they upped their calories and started loosing again.
    I wish you success:drinker:
  • sheristeele
    Options
    IT is so much harder to lose weight when you are lighter than it was when you were heavier. You have done great! and YOu are so beautiful!. Work on maintaining your current weight, then you will eventually be able to get out of the plateau you are on.
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    IT is so much harder to lose weight when you are lighter than it was when you were heavier. You have done great! and YOu are so beautiful!. Work on maintaining your current weight, then you will eventually be able to get out of the plateau you are on.

Well said! You are beautiful and that's what counts :flowerforyou:
    Don't think so much about numbers, 11lbs is really not much.

I didn't have time to track my calories for the last few weeks but I started jogging. Today I stepped on a scale hoping not to gain to much but... I've lost a pound :smile:
    Just stop thinking about losing pounds so much. You've been working sooo hard since January so You deserve a little break!! Kind of holidays :smile:
    You can try eating your as much as to maintain for some time and than come back to a deficit (but not as high as at the very beginning).

If you're not running I suggest to try it, it is fun and it may help with going over the plateau.
  • AngelicDevil80
    AngelicDevil80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

This happened last fall to me. I dropped 40lbs in 2 months then got stuck. I was stuck no matter how much more exercise I did and wasnt dropping lbs or inches. So I turned lazy again from being so frustrated! :mad:
  • trosenau
    trosenau Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your comments and advice! You guys are the best... :o)
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    I think you should not put yourself under the pressure to loose all that weight by a certain time. You look very good the way it is now if you allow me to say so. It's not that you have to loose hundreds of pounds. I am sure there are many who would be very happy to be where you already are. Plus, you know that these last 10 pounds are the hardest.
    Why don't you readjust your goal in terms of time, try some of the things people said in the responses here and wait and see.
    My whole point is: don't put yourself under such pressure.
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    check out my thread
    You Gotta See This