apple cider vinegar?

Options
Anyone using apple cider vinegar as a supplement? Any success? I know it is reported to have lots of benefits...

Replies

• cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have been using it for a few weeks now. Since I started, I have lost about 4 pounds, but it has not been consistent...BUT neither was my diet before joining MFP a week ago. I also can't say for sure if it was from the apple cider vinegar, or the combination of that and exercise/eating better/other supplements, ya know? When I first started it, I had not joined MFP yet and was not following a 1200 (more with exercise) calorie diet though. I am also taking CLA, Chromium Picolinate and green tea. So, like I said, I can't be sure what is helpful and what is not, other than the diet and exercise, obviously. On the other hand, I am fairly sure that the vinegar has been the reason for my skin being clearer. My skin was never really bad, compared to others that have to deal with acne and stuff, but it has definitely been much more clear than it was before I started taking the vinegar. Also, I have had severe abdominal pains in my left side, and after a lot of tests, still have no answer for what could be causing it. Since I have been taking the vinegar, the pains have been WAY less frequent, and when they do occur, they are not as bad. So, again, I don't know for sure if it's from the vinegar, but it could be. Hope this helped at least a little bit!
  • christinabgsu
    Options
    Thanks! I have been taking it for a few weeks, with a little honey in some warm water. I actually like the taste of it, and it makes me not want to eat anything for a while after drinking it. I started mostly b/c my choleserol is high and my doctor decided to put me on a prescription since my diet didn't have much need for improvement, as far as Cholesterol was concerned. I started the meds, started exercising more, and added the vinegar in hopes of knocking it down a TON before my 6 week check. I would love to be taken of the med completely...not sure why it depressed me so much to be put on it. But it REALLY bothers me!! (Emotionally, not side effects so much.) We will see how the tests turn out. And in the mean time I must celebrate the fact the my lipid levels would've been WAY WORSE if I didn't eat as well as I do! :tongue: