My Last Diet Attempt

Options
Hello - I've tried many different "crash" diets over the past 13 years and have never been successful. With the help and support of my bestest friend/cousin, she introduced me here and I couldn't be any happier! I'm amazed and what I thought was a serving, compared to what really IS a serving! No wonder they never worked before!
My short term goal with this diet is to lose a few pounds before we go on our family vacation this summer. I live in Indiana and they all live in California, so since they don't see me on a daily basis, I'm hoping to lose enough for the "WOW! You look GREAT" response...
My long term goal with this diet is to lose and KEEP OFF atleast 100 pounds. I have two beautiful children that I want to watch grow for as long as possible. Also, I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease about 3 years ago. I've already had multiple surgeries, tons of different medications, and am currently on a very high dose of Remicaide. There are many symptoms from Crohns, but the one that effects me the most is the arthritis. I'm hoping that with a few pounds shed, I'll be able to function and move like a normal 32 year old (and kick the pain pills down the drain!)

Good Luck to everyone and May God bless you all with your success!!

Replies

• Shadea
    Options
    It's amazing how much we over eat isn't it? The first couple of days I was on here I just ate my normal diet so that I could see what it was and I was eating 2000 calories more a day than I should have. MFP kept saying if I continued to eat like that I would weigh over xx amount in 6 weeks. Considering I had been eating like that for most of my life I'm surprised I hadn't gone far beyond that number years ago.

:smile:
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I was thinking! I lost about 40 or so pounds a few years ago within a 2 month period (not by choice, but because I got really sick), and even though it wasn't for the right reasons, I was so happy! Then they put me on steroids for my disease, and between those and not being able to work for 6+ months, I gained over 70 POUNDS! UUGGGHH!!! Now, I'm struggling to drop them, but thank goodness I haven't gained any either (with the way I was eating, I'm sure if I wasn't active at work, I'd be atleast another 100 lbs over). I'm really excited about this plan however, considering I really can eat almost anything I do want... I've just learned it's all in moderation (and not MY moderation, but the Calorie God's moderation LOL)