Finally introducing myself

Options
Hey everyone!
I joined here in mid January but have been observing for a bit before really putting myself out there. I am nearly 23 years old and have been overweight for my entire life. I just graduated college in May of 2010, and have not found a job yet, I am an elementary teacher so I am currently subbing. I've tried ot work on losing weight before but never really had the time or determination to really stick with it. I am really close with my roommates from college and we are going on a cruise together this summer, and after looking back at pictures from our vacation together last summer, I decided that I needed to look better for this trip. Since my first weigh in on January 14th I have lost 7 lbs, which is something that I really am taking as a small but mighty accomplishment, especially with 100+ pounds to lose. I would love to have some friends on here around the same age or with the same challenges ahead to help keep me motivated!

Replies

• chickybabe05
    Options
    Hi there, welcome and good luck to you! I am also 23 and have only just joined. I have been over weight most of my life also, never had the motivation to stick with anything. But now is my time! i need to lose around 20kgs (not sure what that is in pounds??) for health reasons. Look forward to seeing you around...maybe we can support each other! Cheers Chickybabe07