I have a problem

Options
A carb problem I used to be okay and now it I just seem to go over all the time lately. Well I know why I did today because I was having a terrible day no excuse but eh its whatever. As for the other days..I need some tips on yummy low carb foods, snacks and such.

P.S. I am a poor college student so cheap it nice :) I am also having my carbs used to being set at 60 but recently changed... to 50

Replies

• tonydarkstorm
    Options
    I usually tend to eat high carb for my workouts but, I do; as a snack have polly-o jalepano string cheese which is only 1g of carb per serving which is practically nothing and only 80 calories.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    oooh! my favorite is call "frogs on a log" :D

its celery with cream cheese instead of peanut butter, and the sliced green olives on top! :D yummy
  • isaangelgirl
    Options
    I too follow a low carb diet. Some yummy things I've found that make you feel like you're getting junk food...
    A low carb tortilla with some pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni and cheese baked in the oven makes an awesome substitute.

Found some yummy muffins called Vitamuffins. You can order these online, they have a sugar free version, the double chocolate are awesome and give you a ton of good fiber too! Fill you up all for just 100 calories.

I also take the low carb tortillas, cut them into triangles with a pizza cutter, spray with a little PAM cooking spray, sprinkle with salt and bake at 350 degrees just until they start to turn golden. They are great to eat with tuna or chicken salad as a bread substitute.
    They are also good sprayed with PAM and sprinkled with Splenda and Cinnamon and baked for a few minutes.

Hope this gives you some new ideas!
  • Naomi91
    Options
    oooh! another one: eggplant pizzettes

slice an eggplant into 1/2inch slices, add your fav pizza toppings (mushrooms and olives are my fav) add some cheese and bake! so delicious :D and practicly no carb!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    oooh! another one: eggplant pizzettes

slice an eggplant into 1/2inch slices, add your fav pizza toppings (mushrooms and olives are my fav) add some cheese and bake! so delicious :D and practicly no carb!

Wow holy cow I love it!!
  • elfie9863
    Options
    http://blog.yourlighterside.com/p/eats-recipes.html

LOTS of good stuff on here...I have made many of these recipes...all are really good.
  • Naomi91
    Options
    i tried a ton of low carb recipies when i lived with my aunt since she was on south beach diet xD the eggplant pizzettes are the best!

i even tried white bean turkey meat loaf... quite yummy xD
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt flavored w/ stevia, cinnamon, and vanilla extract (though the yogurt is pricey...)

Deli meats. No lie. Just roll up some deli meats. Sometimes you can get fancy and roll some deli meat in whole leaves of lettuce or kale.
  • tacmedic2209
    Options
    Egg white wrap - you can get egg whites in a bottle so it makes it easy.

Take a 1/2-1 cup egg whites
    A splash of no fat milk ( keeps the eggs fluffy )
    Table spoon of fresh cut salsa ( or more if you like )
    One slice of cheese
    One wrap

Put the egg whits in a bowl, add a splash of milk. It will cook and form to the bowl. Cook for 2.5-3 min in microwave. ( trust me )
    Cut the cheese in half and lay it in the wrap. Slice the egg in half with a fork and lay it on the cheese. Put your salsa on top the egg and wrap it up. *presto*

I fry my wrap in a pan for 30 sec each side when I'm done. It gives it a crispy texture and holds in place.

** sometimes I substitute salsa with sliced turkey that I fry up** Hope this helps. Sounds weird but really good.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Egg white wrap - you can get egg whites in a bottle so it makes it easy.

Take a 1/2-1 cup egg whites
    A splash of no fat milk ( keeps the eggs fluffy )
    Table spoon of fresh cut salsa ( or more if you like )
    One slice of cheese
    One wrap

Put the egg whits in a bowl, add a splash of milk. It will cook and form to the bowl. Cook for 2.5-3 min in microwave. ( trust me )
    Cut the cheese in half and lay it in the wrap. Slice the egg in half with a fork and lay it on the cheese. Put your salsa on top the egg and wrap it up. *presto*

I fry my wrap in a pan for 30 sec each side when I'm done. It gives it a crispy texture and holds in place.

** sometimes I substitute salsa with sliced turkey that I fry up** Hope this helps. Sounds weird but really good.

actually this sounds so amazing.. I might try it tomorrow, I have been wanting eggs lately but couldn't think of anything yummy to do with them.