Average/Max Heart Rate

amccrazgrl
amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been noticing on another thread topic I post in. My Average and Max Heart Rates are always lower than everyone.
Any ideas? Is it b/c I have less fat to lose?

For example on EA Active 2 My average HR was 108 and Max HR was 150. On the same workout my gf had average HRM 131 and Max HR of 184. We both workout equally as hard. We have even done 2 custom workouts at the same time and see the same results.

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    wouldnt be because you have less fat to lose, I am 129 and have a heart rate of up to 195 during some of my runs
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    It depends on your age and how fit you are. A person who is more fit will maintain a much lower HR during hard exercise than an unhealthy person.
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    there is no fomula and it does vary on body size, current blood pressure at the time of measurement, and cardiovascular health...

but, the good news is usually, a lower at rest HR and lower activity HR indicates and efficient cardiovascular circulation...

this has many variables though, such both of you must be doing the same speed, intensity, breathing rate, etc.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    I'm 27. I would say probably average fitness. Im 5'3 166 and shes 5'6 187 and 23.
This discussion has been closed.