fromaquasar
fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I found this really interesting - thought I would share

http://www.ted.com/talks/christopher_mcdougall_are_we_born_to_run.html

Replies

• sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Thanks for sharing. My mom was telling me about that Mexican tribe and the association of shoes with running injuries. I think it's an interesting area of research to explore. I can't wrap my head around running barefoot inner-city yet, though, even though I found a group nearby who do it every week.
  • Maggiethu
    Maggiethu Posts: 10 Member
    I highly recommend the book! It is so insightful and inspiring (whether or not you buy-in to the notion of barefoot running). If nothing else, the book motivates you to get out and run!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Yea I'm not sure about the barefoot running thing but its so interesting to learn about x
  • jemmur
    jemmur Posts: 57 Member
    I highly recommend the book! It is so insightful and inspiring (whether or not you buy-in to the notion of barefoot running). If nothing else, the book motivates you to get out and run!
    This! I think you can pick heaps of holes in his theories but the author's excitement and enthusiasm for running was infectious, which made it a pleasure to read :) So many non-fiction books get kind of stale and dull but I zipped through this one in two days, which is almost unheard of, for me!
This discussion has been closed.