Round 3! *warning- its long*

Options
Hi All,

First off, I love this site because you can come and go as you please.. It's not this thing hanging over your head like a gym membership or a diet weight loss plan that you bought during one night of low self esteem and too many info-mercials that's now sitting in your closet.. its like an old friend.. you may talk everyday, or once a week.. or stop talking all together because life got too crazy and work is busy and blah blah.. the point is, you can always come back and pick up where you left off. I signed in for the first time since I don't know how many months and there were all my old goals, staring me in the face.. not only did I not stick to any goals, but I gained weight. But that's okay.. The site accepted me back in with no judgment, no discounted sign up fee for coming back.. no cheap gym back with matching water bottle. Everything was the same..

I decided to come back because this time, I NEED to lose weight.. Its not about fitting into cute clothes or being able to shop in the same stores as my friends.. that's all fine and dandy.. but the root issue is my health.. I feel unhealthy.. When I get up from my desk and walk to the printer, I am a little out of breath.. The thought of going somewhere and having to climb stairs, scary.. or worse, going somewhere and not fitting into the booth/table... I have a full length mirror in my house and when I see myself, I don't recognize myself. I don't even remember what it felt like to be healthy. To not have my feet and knees hurt when I go to the farmer's market.. being able to sit Indian style on the floor while watching a movie.. There are things that I no longer do and I fears that paralyze me to the point where going bathing suit shopping requires a two drink minimum..

It is no longer an option.. It is a must.. I must lose weight.. I must take back my life.. I must be healthy..

So here's to drinking more water.. here's to eating fruits and veggies.. here's to not only driving by the gym, but actually going..

Here's to making fellow MFP proud! Here's to losing weight! (3rd times a charm!)

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    welcome back...
  • mbritb
    Options
    And you can do it too!!! Just take it one day at a time - set a big goal...then small ones - work towards each small goal and the next thing you know you've reached your big goal!!!!
  • habibti
    habibti Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bravo, girl! And welcome back!
    Would love to add you as a friend! :flowerforyou:
  • dr1981
    dr1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and no more leaving!
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    this is your "home" away from home.....were all here to help if you need it ps add me as a friend we have the same goals
  • Murkle
    Options
    Sort of off topic but can you explain all the abbreviations?? I'm assuming sw is starting weight after that I'm lost :)