Low cal fast food?

Options
At taco bell they have a fresco menu which has low cal tacos and other misc items so I was wondering if any other restaurants had low cal items? Any suggestions on what you have ate out that was low calories would be greatly appreicated.

Replies

• txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    http://healthydiningfinder.com/

that should help it will list calories and healthies options at places near you
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Taco time has a light meal.... a crunchy chicken taco & white chicken chili about 335 calories.
    Jack in the box has a chicken pita. If you get it without cheese & grilled onions it's only 225 calories.
  • Manda1987
    Options
    If you're really craving fast food, I find that a kids' meal is a good option. I do get a lot of teasing for it, though... I like to think people are just jealous because mine comes with a toy.

For instance, a hamburger Happy Meal with a diet Coke is 470 calories. I find it's always enough to fill me up.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A has several options; I like the grilled chicken sandwich with fruit.
    At Burger King, a Whopper Jr. is not bad if you get it without cheese, and with a side salad and water.
    At McDonald's, a plain hamburger is not bad and they have side salads.
    Subway lists its low-cal sandwiches prominently.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    http://healthydiningfinder.com/

that should help it will list calories and healthies options at places near you

Love it! Thanks for the link!
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    If you're really craving fast food, I find that a kids' meal is a good option. I do get a lot of teasing for it, though... I like to think people are just jealous because mine comes with a toy.

For instance, a hamburger Happy Meal with a diet Coke is 470 calories. I find it's always enough to fill me up.

I do that with Subway too. I found out a kids meal at subway is about as much as a 6in sub but I get to choose healthy sides like sliced apples or yogurt and water or juice. Blackforest ham, turkey or roast beef comes in at about 180 calories, 2.5 grams of fat and 10 grams of protein.
  • dr1981
    dr1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I usually go with Subway but I do grab some taco bell every once in a great while.
  • crazy1blonde
    Options

Thanks that's a good idea. BTW, lol thats great!
  • crazy1blonde
    Options
    Chick Fil A has several options; I like the grilled chicken sandwich with fruit.
    At Burger King, a Whopper Jr. is not bad if you get it without cheese, and with a side salad and water.
    At McDonald's, a plain hamburger is not bad and they have side salads.
    Subway lists its low-cal sandwiches prominently.

Thanks, I never thought about Subway!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I get kids meals a lot too... bonus for my little boy because then he gets 2 toys! :) My usual menus...

McDonalds -- 6 piece chicken nuggets with apple dippers and unsweet tea (Mighty Kids Meal)
    Chick Fil A -- 8 piece nuggets with fruit (I haven't tried to get their kids meal but I probably could!)
    Wendys -- SO many choices! Chili, side salad, Jr. Cheeseburger with mandarin oranges...
    Arbys -- Medium roast beef with 1/2 the bun
    Taco Bell -- Fresco bean burrito or some fresco soft tacos
    Burger King -- Whopper Jr. with no mayo

That's all I can think of... I have gotten to where I don't love fast food anymore but I like to have an idea of what is decent to order if I have to go there!