Hypothyroid

Options
Hello all! I am hypothyroid and it is such a struggle to lose this weight. I go down 4 lbs and then it all comes back even if I am eating right.

Is anyone else hypo and if so how is it going and what are you doing to keep it off.

Replies

• farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    Hello all! I am hypothyroid and it is such a struggle to lose this weight. I go down 4 lbs and then it all comes back even if I am eating right.

Is anyone else hypo and if so how is it going and what are you doing to keep it off.
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've got it too.
  • lifesaver
    lifesaver Posts: 132
    Options
    I have hypothyroid but I take medication for it and it hasn't really interfered, at least I haven't noticed.
  • farmgirlh
    Options
    I am on meds though they are still being adjusted since my son was born in february. It is just really frustrating to be working so hard and it just doesn't seem to be working.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I am hypo too - I think it does make it harder sometimes, but then I think maybe it is just me using it as an excuse.. I dunno. Good luck and keep persevering.
    I take meds too!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hypo here too.

It might take awhile for the doc to get you on the right dosage. Once your body adjusts then you shouldn't have any problems losing weight. Let your doctor know that you want to lose weight too, so he can adjust it accordingly.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Hashimotos here but still very much in the same family of thyroid issues. Diet is key.

You can do this it might be slow but it can be done.
  • farmgirlh
    Options
    Mine is autoimmune hashimotos, I have had it for 5 1/2 years, I never lost all the weight after #1 but did slim down, now I am looking at another 14 months before my levels are back to norm. They always get messed up while I am pregnant and then take 18m to get back to normal.

Thanks for the support I really appreciate it!!