Juice fast pros/cons?

Options
I was doing really well for a while, but then finishing up college threw my diet for a loop and now I'm having trouble getting back on the horse. I'm back to working out regularly, and taking a vitamin D supplement to combat SAD, but the tricks that normally help me curb my appetite and get back on track aren't working. I'm looking for a sort of dramatic reset and I think a short-term juice/raw food fast might help me get the cravings for fatty and salty out of my system. Do you know any good juice fasts or recipes? Can you speak to the effectiveness of a juice fast for changing diet habits? Are there risks or caveats I should be aware of? Can you point me towards a good resource for more info?

Replies

• MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Hahaha thanks. :flowerforyou:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Nothing?
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I don't know about a juice fast or how you react with those kind of diets, but I tried the cabbage soup diet before. It's not really anything magical about the soup, its just a ton of veggies, so really minimal calories. I did it for about 10 days but I was sick of the soup after about 3 so I just switched to all fruits and vegetables diet and did lose a lot in a short term. The problem was after I was so glad to be off that diet I went back to eating normally and gained some back. So i personally wouldn't recommend any diet which makes you feel like you're giving up too much because as soon as you're done, at least in my case, you tend to go too far in the other direction because you've denied yourself. Just my opinion!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    I'm really not looking to deprive myself... I know I can be really full on just raw produce, I guess I'm just looking for interesting recipes, because I need something to get enthusiastic about to go through all this for a week.
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Jeez I bumped so I could come back for some responses. That was pretty weak :/ I was hoping to get more info too...
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    I know, right?
  • Chirron
    Options
    Raw Food Rehab
    http://rawfoodrehab.ning.com/
    has a room called the Liquid Lounge that has alot of juice & smoothie recipes.
    They are currently doing a February cleanse so there are alot of discussions about juices too.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I did the Fast Track Fast by Ann Louise Gittleman, I liked it because you "prep" before you do one day Juice Diet then you have a follow up plan as well. It's not just take it and go without preparation.