help

Options
I did good eating wise today, but I broke. I just can not believe I let myself get this fat! Im crying so hard over it bc I hate doing anything with my kids including taking them for walks. Im embarressed to go walk in public, Im embaressed at the gym, tho I do go and do both, but I cant stop crying. I just went to the gym and did a light jog for 45 min. burned 170 cals. But I need someone to help keep me motivated. I cant get on the boards all the time to keep checking back. Is there anyone who wants to email/IM wih me to help motivate me? Ill help motivate you too. My brother works out w/his friend so by the time I can go work out hes asleep. I just want to be healthy and have exercise be a daily routine for me.

Replies

• AngelicDevil80
    AngelicDevil80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I did good eating wise today, but I broke. I just can not believe I let myself get this fat! Im crying so hard over it bc I hate doing anything with my kids including taking them for walks. Im embarressed to go walk in public, Im embaressed at the gym, tho I do go and do both, but I cant stop crying. I just went to the gym and did a light jog for 45 min. burned 170 cals. But I need someone to help keep me motivated. I cant get on the boards all the time to keep checking back. Is there anyone who wants to email/IM wih me to help motivate me? Ill help motivate you too. My brother works out w/his friend so by the time I can go work out hes asleep. I just want to be healthy and have exercise be a daily routine for me.
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    i was just looking at ur profile
    and u say last winter u got lazy again

have u checked with ur doctor that u r not suffering from SAD ?
    u know i used to think i was lazy now i know i wasnt.. i was simply depressed & when the winter comes along it is depressing .. if on top of that u suffer with SAD that could well be what makes it so hard for u..

whatever the problem is once u identify it. then it is eaisier to stop beating urself up over being lazy and makin urself feel even worse because u know what u are dealin with ..

often this is more about the head and mindset and we have to deal with that 1st
    and then we can find the motivation straight from the heart ... our head can then keep us going ..
    it is lovely to have motivation from others but also u need to find it within urself ...
    personaly i think u r a star because u feel as u do yet u havent given up and her e u are back in there
    and thats why u will do it .. because ur not givin up..

and the one way to stop feelin embarrised etc about the way u look is to do something about it
    and applaud ur tenacity and willingness to get back in there and carry on.. :flowerforyou:

you are very welcome to add me to friends if u wish ..
  • iojoi
    Options
    http://www.sada.org.uk/symptoms.htm

see if this seems familuar to you
    if so talk to ur doctor
    :flowerforyou:
  • iojoi
    Options
    if not and the winter simply depresses u be aware of that and each time it happens u wil know why and be more able to keep urself goiing .. even if ur decision is too stick to a maintence diet during the winter and then get back to losing weight when it is over that is a applaudable to do that and sensible in your situation

i think that is what i will have to do to stay on top of this
    :flowerforyou:
  • AngelicDevil80
    AngelicDevil80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i was just looking at ur profile
    and u say last winter u got lazy again

have u checked with ur doctor that u r not suffering from SAD ?
    u know i used to think i was lazy now i know i wasnt.. i was simply depressed & when the winter comes along it is depressing .. if on top of that u suffer with SAD that could well be what makes it so hard for u..

whatever the problem is once u identify it. then it is eaisier to stop beating urself up over being lazy and makin urself feel even worse because u know what u are dealin with ..

often this is more about the head and mindset and we have to deal with that 1st
    and then we can find the motivation straight from the heart ... our head can then keep us going ..
    it is lovely to have motivation from others but also u need to find it within urself ...
    personaly i think u r a star because u feel as u do yet u havent given up and her e u are back in there
    and thats why u will do it .. because ur not givin up..

and the one way to stop feelin embarrised etc about the way u look is to do something about it
    and applaud ur tenacity and willingness to get back in there and carry on.. :flowerforyou:

you are very welcome to add me to friends if u wish ..

I suffer from severe depression, tho at the time its under control with meds. Thank you for the words :)