What does BUMP mean?

KCBollard
KCBollard Posts: 23 Member
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
When people "bump" someone on here - what is the significance of that? :glasses:

Replies

• cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    i assumed that it was a way of "fist bumping"
  • it keeps a topic at the top of the message board, so if you feel someone has a great topic but not many people are viewing it because it low down on the message board, you just type 'bump' in the thread and it goes to the top again :)
  • KCBollard
    KCBollard Posts: 23 Member
    Thank you for the explanation! :smile:
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    And it becomes readily available under "My Topics" so you can see it later because you posted on the thread.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    And it becomes readily available under "My Topics" so you can see it later because you posted on the thread.

Yeah thats why I do it.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    i have no idea either lol
  • JCfabulous
    JCfabulous Posts: 11 Member
    "BUMP" literally means "bring up my post" b/c the post then automatically bumps up to the top in relevance.
  • I just bump a post so I can come back and read it later.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    'Bump' is what happens when you are at a crowded bar trying to make your way up to the bar to order a drink. It makes you say 'Excuse me' a lot.
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    'Bump' is what happens when you are at a crowded bar trying to make your way up to the bar to order a drink. It makes you say 'Excuse me' a lot.

LOL.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    I just bump a post so I can come back and read it later.

That's why I do it.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    I just bump a post so I can come back and read it later.

i had no clue what this meant either!! i had to google it! now i see why so many people do it. to bump the topic up or to be able to find the topic in your my topics section later. interesting.

talk to ya soon girlie!! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.