Hi Everyone

Options
Just thought i would say hi. What a fantastic website with an iPhone app to boot.

My name is Simon i'm 35 and live in weymouth on the south coast of the UK

After Christmas this year i weighed it at 232 pounds. The heaviest i have ever been. Although i have never been and probably never will be a skinny chap i was not happy with my body (an my clothes not fitting) so not for the first time in my life ive decided to do something about it.

My goal is to get down to 196 pounds. I got there before a few years ago but have slowly put the weight back on over time.

I am using the Slimfast shakes along careful eating an am eating about 1500cals a day along with 3-4 visits to the gym each week where i do an hour or cardio each time.

So far .....great results......since last wendesday (26th Jan) 5 pounds have dropped off me. Just goes to show that my body is not happy at this weight.

I have found this site so useful.........even realising that a glass or 2 of wine can be had along the way. :)

I am a great lover of food and have also found some great recipes that mean i can still eat tasty meals as well as watching the cals. I can highly recomend the wagamamas cook book. Had a fantastic Salmon hot pot last night i substituted the rice for a large portion of stir fry veg and was able to eat a large plate of very tasty food and still stay inside my daily allowance. The Slimfast web site has also provided me with some great ideas. I have recipes for Chicken Jalfrazi with rice, Salmon hot pot, Monkfish Yakitori, spag bal, rosotto, a couple of chicken and veg dishes and have found some great fat free dips to go with carrot and celery which make for great snacking. More than happy to share these if anyone is interested. And i'd be very interested in any recipes that any one else would like to share.

Si

Replies

• Sherry1979
    Options
    Hello and welcome Simon! Great job on your progress so far! I love this site too. . .so many useful tools and great people. Best of luck to you on your journey to health!!
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hello Simon,

Great start and it is amazing all the different recipies that are out there that can make a difference between food tasting blah or yummy. Mrs. Dash has become my new best friend.

Look forward to hearing more reports as you wind down.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Welcome Simon! I've been a member for almost a week now but so far, I'm really LOVING it.
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. xx
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    Welcome bud! Good to have another guy with us! lol Best of luck!!