P90X Bring it!

jamiemh
jamiemh Posts: 39 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
So I am on day 4 of P90X! My whole body is sore but I'm feeling good. Does anyone know about how many calories you burn per DVD? And any other women doing the program?

Replies

• tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    The how to track the videos and how many calories you burn is a big topic on here, everyone who is doing or starting p90x is wondering. Including myself which I am starting on Monday.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    The best is to use a HRM as everyone is different. Calorie burn takes into account, effort, heart rate, age, weight, gender, height, current fitness level. If you don't have a HRM you can log the strength training as "circuit training" and the plyometrics as "aerobics, High Impact" to get an estimate of calories burned.
  • They say the "average" person burns an average of 600 calories per workout. So some you would burn more and others less. I would echo the hrm suggestion. You should get a good count from those on your cardio workouts atleast.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    What jaybaileys said. When a nutritionist was called during the making of P90X to create a diet plan to fit the intensity of the workouts and give great results, they calculated an average of 600 calories per workout. This goes up and down depending on the intensity (weights, reps, etc) during the workout. Keep in mind that that average is during the workout, but you will be burning more calories even after the workout because your metabolism speeds up along with the meals, etc.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Highly suggest investing in a HRM. You'll never know your real calorie burn until you get one.
    I'm almost on week four of month2. I'm doing a P90X/Turbofire hybrid.

Good luck with P90X!
  • jamiemh
    jamiemh Posts: 39 Member
    thank you everyone! I will look into getting a HRM. :)
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    I am on day 68 and through the course of it I have burned anywhere from 300 to 900 calories a day. Really need a HRM to be accurate.
This discussion has been closed.