I'm thinking about doing the Avon walk for Breast Cancer...

FlTGlRL
FlTGlRL Posts: 239
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm thinking about doing the Chicago Avon walk for breast cancer in early June. I sent away for some information on it. I think it would be such a meaningful reason to get into shape. I just think it would really motivate me.

My only thing is this...I just moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin and I don't really know anyone. I would be worried about getting a sponsor....You have to get a business or something to sponsor you for a minimum of $1,800...I believe. They say it's best if you know the person.... I can't think of any business that would do that for me. I don't know if I'm up for just walking into random places and asking them to sponsor me.

But than again the whole point is raising the money...So I dunno...
Any thoughts or ideas?

Replies

• Facebook, email, Twitter, etc. are always a great way to rally friends/family into helping you towards your goals.
  • here, in phoenix ... susan g koman (as well as others) have breast cancer walks and half marathons ...
    i wanted to do the 1/2 marathon (beg of november) and it would involve coming up w/ a $125 entrance fee (but can get a personalized shirt if you sign up early enough) ....

last year i got ppl to pay my entrance fees to several walks cuz they could write the ck directly to susan g koman or avon and then it was a tax deduction .....

just some thoughts ...

i always wanted to do the 3-day (20miles each day) .... but can't get the money or ask enough ppl for that much money ....

ok ... now there are websites that list walks etc ... try to find one for your area ....
    this is one website for us; http://phoenix.about.com/cs/health/a/breastcancer.htm

sometimes doing several ... spaced about a month apart .... may be a good idea too
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Thank you Julie :)
    I appreciate it. I will look in to it.
This discussion has been closed.