A good guide for nutrition?

Options
I am just starting to revamp my families eating habbits and I was wondering if anyone had good suggestions for a good health guide/educational information. I am rather lost when buying things that require me to be able to judge which offers the most nutrition as well as what is the best combinations of foods.

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to revamp my families eating habbits and I was wondering if anyone had good suggestions for a good health guide/educational information. I am rather lost when buying things that require me to be able to judge which offers the most nutrition as well as what is the best combinations of foods.

the only tip I have you may have heard before, shop the outside of the grocery store, ie. fruits/veggies/dairy/meat/grains
  • peanutbutterpanic
    peanutbutterpanic Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same, but a little at a time...to avoid the "culture" shock I'm pretty my kids will go into lol. I just started making the veggie/fruit portions bigger and making the "main" dish more of a side dish. And they seem to be responding pretty well to it. I changed a few of our favorites like sour cream to plain nonfat yogurt, using measuring spoons and cups til I can eye a food and be comfortable with the amount, switched out reg potatoes for yams/sweet potatoes and I've been browsing recipes online for new fresh ideas. Good luck to you!!!