tan and tone america

Belle_Fille
Belle_Fille Posts: 469
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
how does this work? not the tanning part but the toning? their commercials make it look like the machine does it all for you. so how would that tone anything, you arent using your muscles to do the work?!

Replies

• jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    I've done this before, the beds have moving parts and you resist their movement. The harder you resist, the more of a workout you get. At the salon I did this at, they had me tan, tone, then hop on a recumbent bike for 20 minutes. The workout is only as good as the effort you put in. Hope this helps.

Good luck!!
  • The salon I worked at had these too, but they would do body wraps then have the people do the machines to help lose weight. I would do them when I was bored and never really saw/felt any results. I was young and probably not trying hard enough though. :wink:
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    I used to use the machines and I loved them. It is about the resistance, I had two friends that went for 2 months and just laid there and nothing changed for them, but that is how I lost weight before my first wedding, I would walk to the place (about 5 blocks) tone, tan and sweat some more, and then walk home. I did not eat very well at all in those days so I wish I still lived close enough to go and see how good it might work now that I have my eating under control.
This discussion has been closed.