MFP Runner's Club-June 15

Options
Where is everyone this morning? Out exercising? You women rock! I humbly offer up my paultry 8.5 mi. this morning to all of you cardio queens in homage to your excellent efforts. Or in plain english, knowing how much effort each of you put in everyday helped to push me along this morning. Thanks!!

Replies

• jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Where is everyone this morning? Out exercising? You women rock! I humbly offer up my paultry 8.5 mi. this morning to all of you cardio queens in homage to your excellent efforts. Or in plain english, knowing how much effort each of you put in everyday helped to push me along this morning. Thanks!!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    8.5 miles! That is incredible.:flowerforyou:

No running for me today. I raced yesterday so I am 'resting' today.

Enjoy the day :heart:
    -Kechie.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Humble 8.5? I would be doing a little dance and shouting from the roof tops...lol :laugh:
    That is pretty amazing!

Still taking it easier, no pain but a dull ache when done so I kept it to 2.5 in 30 again. All in all a good week and looking forward to next week!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to any running dad's out there!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Paultry my *kitten*!! That is great!!

thank you for you vote of confidence in all of us! This is the best thing since sliced bread (whole wheat of course) isn't it!?!!?? :drinker:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Where is Shannon? Where is Shannon?
    Did she run? Did she run?
    We all want to see her. We all want to see her.
    Did she finish? How'd she do?

Sung, of course, to 'Frere Jacques'! or 'where is thumpkin, where is thumpkin' for you moms!!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    8.5 miles will never be considered paltry by anyone in this club! Way to go!
    Today I went to the gym and did weights and 3 miles on the elliptical. I had to push myself to get it done, but I'm glad it's over. Have a great day, and Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I only did a mile.
    Little one woke up a bit early from her nap today. She's trying to get used to sleeping in a bunk bed:ohwell:

Awesome job on the 8.5 miles!!!! Woo Hoo!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Sung, of course, to 'Frere Jacques'! or 'where is thumpkin, where is thumpkin' for you moms!!

:smooched:

I'm back! Finished the SOB in 58:35!! 15 seconds slower then the Bolder Boulder, but I'm still happy with my time!

The first mile was killer. Not used to the altitude & had to trudge up a steep hill. Got stuck behind a guy whose last bath was in 1990-never so that encouraged me to pass his Pepe LePew *kitten*!! :laugh:

Hope everyone is enjoying their runs/Father's Days!! :drinker:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Shannon, you crack me up! Congratulations on your great run.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I ran 7 miles today. I hated it though, I had to run on the treadmill because i slept in today. It was 103 here today, so I opted to run inside..Blah:grumble:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!:drinker:

Shannon, you are too funny... Congratulations on a great race!:heart:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Great job Shannon!!:drinker:
  • kc_lea
    kc_lea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i love that there's a running club on mfp! I'm in :)

I started running in February, and 2k slowly turned into 5 k. So i've had some time off lately and have been running 5 k about 3-4 times a week, and then something crrrrazy happened. I decided to do a relaxing run instead of my normal 5 k pace - to just have fun running until I was tired. Enjoy the scenery. Smile at people.

All of a sudden, it's 52 minutes later and i was doing pretty well! I decided to start a cool down and head home because it was pretty dark out by then. I got home and checked on mapmyrun.com, and turns out I had run just over 8 k! I neverrrrrr thought I'd be able to break the 5k mark. Turns out it was a reasonable pace too! I was beaming!

Today i went back to a 5 k to beat a storm, which I'm still quite happy with for a quick workout.

Next stop, 10k!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    i love that there's a running club on mfp! I'm in :)

I started running in February, and 2k slowly turned into 5 k. So i've had some time off lately and have been running 5 k about 3-4 times a week, and then something crrrrazy happened. I decided to do a relaxing run instead of my normal 5 k pace - to just have fun running until I was tired. Enjoy the scenery. Smile at people.

All of a sudden, it's 52 minutes later and i was doing pretty well! I decided to start a cool down and head home because it was pretty dark out by then. I got home and checked on mapmyrun.com, and turns out I had run just over 8 k! I neverrrrrr thought I'd be able to break the 5k mark. Turns out it was a reasonable pace too! I was beaming!

Today i went back to a 5 k to beat a storm, which I'm still quite happy with for a quick workout.

Next stop, 10k!

congrats! Welcome! and nice running!!

Stop in each day - we post our runs (or rests!) and offer lots and lots of support, advice and laughs!

:flowerforyou:
    Tricia

me to on the 10K! I am finally there after a long time of procrastinating and it feels great! I would never have gotten to the point so comfortably without MFP!
  • pmkelly409
    Options

:smooched:

I'm back! Finished the SOB in 58:35!! 15 seconds slower then the Bolder Boulder, but I'm still happy with my time!

The first mile was killer. Not used to the altitude & had to trudge up a steep hill. Got stuck behind a guy whose last bath was in 1990-never so that encouraged me to pass his Pepe LePew *kitten*!! :laugh:

Hope everyone is enjoying their runs/Father's Days!! :drinker:

Congrats Super Runner!! I know you were nervous about this one! and at that altitude I don't blame you! that is some kinda high (I am at sea level so everything is high to me!!)

Glad it went well - in spite of Pepe! I am soooooooooooo happy for you!! YOU ROCK!! GREAT TIME!! when I grow up I want to be just like Shannon!!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Great job Shannon! You should be proud of your accomplishments and inspiring others to do their best. Have a happy day!:flowerforyou: