Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

P90X, Days 5 & 6 -- one week down! (basically)

Well, made it through the legs and back episode the other night. Struggled a bit with the wall exercises, still am not properly set up to do pullups (and now the storms hitting parts of the country have apparently stalled my chinup bar delivery!). So, holding steady or maybe slightly increasing lat pull-down reps, and maybe, just maybe, being able to do a bit higher percentage of the other exercises was what I experienced for day 5.

Day 6 revealed my new current favorite: Kenpo X. I took to this like a fish to water, more or less. I had some struggles getting some of the sequences right (jab, cross, hook, uppercut for example) but in general did really well with it. At times due to prior training in martial arts I would slightly modify my moves to what I know, and could keep up or exceed the pace of some individual exercises. (I have to acknowledge that there were a lot of exercises I did at about 90% speed and some slower yet, though!) Through almost the whole first half of the program I only really paused to let me heart rate subside some, as I kept getting close to my theoretical max. During the second half I did start pausing to take actual needed breaks.

Anyway, it's Day 7 today, and I think I will take this first one as a rest day. I'll take a look at doing the stretch routine going forward, but I've had a pretty action-packed P90X week that has swallowed up all my free time, I've built up some errands and tasks I am getting behind on, and this way I can clear my plate a little and get a good start to a busy weekend, with 2 more P90X workouts included in that mix.

Monday will be difficult since I am going to try to move my workouts to the morning. Very early in the morning, at that. In order to stick to the 90 days this is a necessary step given my situation, so I hope I can make it work for me.

Replies

• It gets easier, after a while it becomes a Habit. Im doing it for my 3rd time right now. Ive added running 3 miles everyday as well and that helps a lot.
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    I can't wait till I can do P90X *and* other stuff. I want to try running and have already committed to joining a few friends who do run, as soon as I get some endurance built up.