Emergency Healthy Bagel Shortage - Phoenix Arizona - Can You

hope_khm
hope_khm Posts: 26
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
My sister brings these from Texas when she visits. Nature's Grain Carb Check bagels (cinnamon swirl, multi-grain, original). I have checked every where in Phoenix, does anyone know where to find them???? Serving size = 1 bagel (85gr) 150 cal, Total fat 3.5, Cholesterol 0, Total Carb 36gr, Protein 14gr.

As an alternate, can anyone recommend a soft, chewy, delicious alternative with the numbers listed above?? It's crazy but when you search on this brand, you can find lots of nutritional info and accolades, just no information on where to buy!!!

Replies

• luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Have u tried the Healthy Life Bagels, English Muffins and the Arnold Bagel thins?? Low fat 0.5G and 110 cals for most..and they are actually good..I find them at Walmart

Good Luck :)
  • alexmommy
    alexmommy Posts: 76 Member
    First page on google search says they're available at samsclub.com

Also says to email kit.gibson@southernbakeries.com for more information.

I looked at this page http://www.southernbakeries.com/naturesgrainupdate031406.htm
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member

SAM's Club is also usually code for Wal-Mart too. They own both chains.
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Interesting post. I've never heard of these but wow, they have a ton of protein! I eat Thomas bagel thins and they have 5g of protein, which I thought was pretty good for bread. I will have to look for those here in Atlanta. Sorry I'm no help.

Jules
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    These things ROCK! I eat them every day and recommend them to all of my carb-loving clients!!

14 grams of protein and 19 grams of Fiber! There are many other low cal or "high fiber" bread products out there, but I've never found anything else that even gets close to these numbers!!!!

I can buy them at a Brookshires close to my home, but they are almost impossible to find. And this company, in 2011, doesn't have a way for us to buy them online. Wishing they'd(1) hire someone to upgrade their website to allow online sales and (2) hire an assertive sales manager to get the grocery store shelves. They'd go through the roof!!! At my store, I have the manager call me when they're in because otherwise, they're sold out by 3 p.m. the same day!! And I'm not living in what one would call a health-conscious state!!

If you can find these things, buy a dozen bags and freeze them! They're amazing!!!! Now if only their marketing strategy was equally awesome, everyone could find 'em!!!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member

SAM's Club is also usually code for Wal-Mart too. They own both chains.

Unfortunately, Sam's Club doesn't carry them. They offer online purchase of the English Muffins and Energy Bars but no bagels and definitely not in any stores (I haven't called them all but I have talked to all of them in the Phoenix area and the Dallas area).

And Walmart? No such luck. But I wish!!!!!!!!
  • I hope you can find them. I personally think the whole wheat bagel thins are kind of blah. I like a bagel with a good chew. Hopefully they will start selling them everywhere. I highly suggest you request them in your grocery store, who knows??? Good luck and healthy eating!!
This discussion has been closed.