Any tips or tricks on how to survive TOM?

Options
Hey Ladies..... (because I am assuming no men have issues with TOM - aside from dealing with female hormones :wink: )

Just wondering if any of you have "survival" tips or tricks, that help you get through that dreaded time of the month?

I have been really good with my chocolate cravings (I am admittedly a "choco - aholic"), however with TOM fast approaching I am craving ALL the time and usually giving in......

Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm having a horribly hormonal day and woke up on a raving search for chocolate. But a few days ago I got some chocolate raspberry creamer for my coffee, so after two cups of that I'm not craving it so much anymore. At least, not right now. We'll see how things go after I get my daughter home from preschool and she starts fighting with her little brother. :huh:

Drink lots of water. And eat plenty of protein. Those things generally help me steer clear of the cravings. But if not, have a piece of dark chocolate. It's better for you, and always satisfies my cravings better than milk chocolate.
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    What helps with my cravings is to get different flavored teas. Usually something with a caramel flavor will help the sweet tooth and it's 0 calories, and helps with water intake.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Have a few orgasms for the cramps and just be conscience of the bad stuff you end up eating. I usually keep chocolate chips around or a spoonful of nutella.
  • lianawright
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Pain reliever helps get me through. It relieves the cramps and makes me feel less bloated, which boosts my energy levels.
  • roxybubbles
    Options
    How about a low-fat hot chocolate? I make mine with water and add a dash of skimmed milk, helps me if I'm craving sweet things...x
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion that if I have Dove Dark Chocolate in the house, I treat myself once at lunch with 1 piece. Then after dinner with another. If that doesn't solve it, then I get a Skinny Cow Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream cup. We all have our ways of handling it. It's just a matter of what works for you. Low fat chocolate milk is always a good thing too. Mostly though, I really keep that day open for a little splurge if I need it. We are all human. It's okay to let go a little. It will keep you sane!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Don't give into temptation for sweets, I really think a lot of that is in our heads, and we get too dependent on food to help our moods, which is why a lot people are here to begin with! Drink some tea. Drink lots of water, and keep exercising. Exercise will help with cramps and bloating. Try some yoga, but try to avoid deep twisting through the midsection, because that can make cramps worse. You'll get through it!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I keep little junk in the house especially at that time! The worse thing I might have around is dark chocolate chips and no pudge fudge brownies.... I take what I need and move on. I also know that if I go a little over my calories SO WHAT since I am still keeping a deficit from my maintenance calories. It's only a couple days... I just try to limit my options. That's all. :-D Good luck!
  • em_lou007
    Options
    Hiya!!

I'm into having a Mikado stick or 2 as they are only 11 cals per stick - I use them like a lollipop and suck the choc off to make them last longer!!!

xx
  • prencesskl
    Options
    A friend of mine told me to try chocolate protein shakes, I tried a few, the best I found was the arbonne ready to go ones, they actually taste very chocolatey. I live on them during the tom
  • redhottxozk
    Options
    Hiya!!

I'm into having a Mikado stick or 2 as they are only 11 cals per stick - I use them like a lollipop and suck the choc off to make them last longer!!!

xx

whats a mikado stick???