Cardio

Options
How much cardio does everyone do daily? Does everyone else get a rush after doing cardio?

I went last night to do some cardio and got the biggest rush from it. Im still going on that and feel like I can probably do 90 minutes a day, if I do 40-60 early AM 20 or so afternoon then another 10-20 early evening. Is that over doing it?

Replies

• AngelicDevil80
    AngelicDevil80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    How much cardio does everyone do daily? Does everyone else get a rush after doing cardio?

I went last night to do some cardio and got the biggest rush from it. Im still going on that and feel like I can probably do 90 minutes a day, if I do 40-60 early AM 20 or so afternoon then another 10-20 early evening. Is that over doing it?
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    just make sure you give your body time to recover! give yourself a few rest days over the course of the week, but doing cardio in intervals is so great because your body will burn more fat! good luck - and make sure you don't over do it!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I did read that there is a diminishing return if you do more than 60 minutes of cardio in a stretch. However, breaking it up would eliminate that problem. I say, if you have the energy and the time...go for it! Also, although you need to give your body a break from strength training you can do cardio every day.

Yes, I do get a rush after cardio. All those lovely endorphins! I normally do about one hour of cardio and then follow it with either strength training or yoga....As a matter of fact, I normally exercise in the evenings but I did my cardio this morning and am wondering now if I should do something tonight as well.

Have fun!
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I think it all ends up what you do for cardio.

If your cardio is light (walking/jogging/raising your heart rate to 50 to 65%), 60 minutes or more would be just fine.

If your maxing out your HR for LONG periods of time, multiple times a day, I think you would be breaking down your body too much to recover the next day and putting a lot of stress on your heart.